nlite a CD of Windows Upgrade

tech-usr

Hello !

Some years ago, I bought a cd to upgrade my old Windows 98 to XP.

Today, I would like to re-install XP with this upgrade CD (which always needs a CD of a previous version of Windows to be installed).

My problem is that when I install with the "original" CD, as it is old, I have viruses and other wrong things.

So I tried to make a nlited CD. All ran well sine I boot, or since I tried to boot : it is displayed "Le programme d'installation inspecte votre configuration système" ( translated : "The installation programm is scanning you hardware configuration" (you know, it is the thing which is normally written just after "press any key to boot from the CD or DVD")) and then, BLACK SCREEN !! :angry: and the CD doesn't work anymore.

If someone can help me, I need this answer...

Thanks

(P.S. I'm sorry if I made mistakes but I'm French and my English is not perfect... :D )

be water, my friend.

you tried to install with a nlmited cd? you made your nlited cd with your upgrating cd? or with another cd?

could you be more light, please?

thanks.

tu peux me pm si tu veux, ca te sera peux etre plus facile en fracais (i can pm me if it is more easy for you in french).

one mote thing if your nlited cd was made from upgradind cd:

how can you install a turbo compressor in a car if you haven't a car.

be logical my friend, be water.

:wacko:

To be more precise :

I made a nlited CD with an original CD of Windows. This original CD of windows is not a "complete" CD : it's only an upgrade CD. Upgrades CDs need (at the beginning of the install) another CD of a "complete" but older version of Windows to be sure that you have some older version of Windows to upgrade. If you don't insert any older CD, the programm won't install Windows.

So I would like to know if someone allready had the same problem (to install Windows with an upgrade CD nlited)

Is that clear or do I explain more ?

Thanks

[edit] what does "be water" means ?? [/edit]

Edited by tech-usr

make a nlited cd from an upgrading cd seems to be a wrong way because you'll need the older cd.

in this way, i can't help you anymore.

good luck.

ok thanks

I think I will stay with Vista and wait for my printer drivers...

See U soon !