Need some help after creating image

Molokk

Hi everyone.

I successfully created a modified Windows installation using nLite 1.2.1.

No errors during the procedure, everything went fine. I removed components, tweaked the registry, merged SP1 and a bunch of hot fixes, and so on. But I am lost from the part where the .ISO file is created at the end.

So I got that .ISO file ready. But what do I do from there ?

I have to burn that image onto a CD-Rom, I assume, so to create a bootable disc. I understand that part. But I never created any bootable CDs before. The only burning software I got is Nero 7 Ultra, but I don't know how to create a bootable CD-Rom. Usually I use Nero to create back-up DVDs and CDs and basic stuff like that. I have taken a look at the interface where it says "Boot", but there is so many options I don't know where to start, I don't know the steps to follow.

Is the .ISO already "bootable" in the first place ? Do I just need to burn it to a CD and I'll be set ?

Can anyone please help me ? I need to re-install Windows very soon, I backed up everything, I am just awaiting a new Windows CD to try. I am sick of installing vanilla XP without any hot-fixes and not even SP1, and having to do all that manually literally takes me half a day just to get the necessary fixes and stuff.

I'd appreciate your help guys.

Thanks.

Edited by Molokk

If you clicked 'sellect all' tab in the 'Task Sellection' window, don't wory, it must be done

The option is in the bottom of the window

And if you didn't change the folder where the winlite.iso, it must be located in the root directory automatically. ie, C:\