Integrating IE7 & WMP11

RBCC

What do you mean with "only IE7 slipstreamed" ?

I've slipstreamed all my updates with HFSLIP and used nlite to slipstream IE7 (and only IE7) and remove components.

Corresponding files are attached but I'll make a special iso for you in less than 2 hours. :)

I hate you Tomcat, it's the first time in my like nLite told me the size grew by 7MBs. :P

So, I've used nlite only to slpistream IE7, french. :)

IE7_slipstream.7z

Edited by Camarade_Tux

Closing in, but still a long way to go. The title is back, the tab bar is there, and it displays an error page when there's no Internet connection (it wouldn't do that before).

Problems to tackle:

- iesetup.dll still can't be used

- wininet.dll *may* not be usable (need to check again because I deleted the IE7 version)

- IE7 can't access the Internet and PING doesn't work, but Automatic Updates does work

- Internet Options dialog won't appear "due to restrictions" which I didn't impose

- the language bar appears on the Windows Taskbar

[CONTENT REMOVED]

Sorry, but I can't allow this, Maxka. Please read the forum rules, especially the part that deals with WGA.

No problem man :) I understand .You keep the forum "unattended" ;) But you should give me some "stars" for the try :D Thnk anyway. The best forum ever.

Edited by Maxka

Just a little heads up on how things are going with the IE7 implementation...

Fixed/worked around:

- iesetup.dll from the IE7 package is used, but it needs to be copied at a later time during Windows setup (doing it at T-13 now)

- Internet Options dialog appears (yay!)

Still to fix:

- wininet.dll from IE7 can't be used and I don't know how to replace the IE6 version at a later point during Windows setup; it seems this file is in use from the moment there's a GUI

- IE7 can't access the Internet and PING to Internet sites fails; however, Automatic Updates does work and both Opera and Firefox can browse the Internet without problem

- the language bar appears on the Windows Taskbar

Problem I didn't notice before: "Show desktop" is no longer there in the Quick Launch menu

BTW... There's an error in nLite's IE7 implementation. I'm gonna notify them of this.

WGA ist not the problem - my hope is, to integrate IE7 and have to do the check on first start of IE7.

--> This is like WMP11 it does - I install WMP11 during T13 in svcpack.inf (not activated and not wga-verified) but on first WMP-start I have to do the check, if I want to use WMP11.

I don't want to do the check unattended - because I think every user should decide for himself if he want's to do the check or not.

Al

use this command. this will work. no additional check.

setup_wm.exe /DisallowSystemRestore /AcceptedPrivacyStatement /SkipPrivacy /Q:A /R:N

I think I found how you can slipstream IE7 + WMP11. I'm using the english versions of both in this post.

IE7:

Use an archive manager to extract the content of IE7-WindowsXP-x86-enu.exe into a folder. I'll use here C:\temp\IE7. In C:\temp\IE7\update are four .exe files required for integration: idndl.exe, nlsdl.exe, update.exe, xmllitesetup.exe. Lauching them with the /? switch shows that all of them support the /integrate:<path> switch. I don't know if there's a specific order to integrate them.

WMP11:

Use an archive manager to extract the content of wmp11-windowsxp-x86-enu.exe into a folder. I'll use here C:\temp\WMP11. In this folder are five .exe files required for intergation: umdf.exe, WindowsXP-MSCompPackV1-x86.exe, wmfdist11.exe, wmp11.exe, wmpappcompat.exe. All of them support the /integrate:<path> switch. I don't know if there's a specific order to integrate them.

IE7 final can not be integrated with the integrate-switch.

update.exe supports the integrate switch but shows an error if you use them.

WMP11 integration is very simple - copy your wmp11-windowsxp-x86-*.exe into I386\svcpack and add the following line to your I386\svcpack.inf

"wmp11-windowsxp-x86-DE-DE.exe /Q:A /C:""setup_wm.exe /Q /R:N /NoMigrate /P:#e /DisallowSystemRestore"""

This will install WMP11 during T13 on a non-activated Windows.

But: If you start WMP11 after install your XP need to be activated.

Al