RAID Slipstreamer x86/x64

iTwins

Just ran the slip stream and when I install my Win2k3 R2, it came up with the following files not found:

percsas.sys

lsi_sas.sys

ql40xx.sys

arcsas.sys

Any idea on this?

Regards

Sonny Giang

my setup says arcsas.sys could not be found. And setup is terminated.

Also, slip detected that I have Windows 2003, even though I have WIN XP SP2..

If it helps, I tried it on IBM ThinkPad R60e

my setup says arcsas.sys could not be found. And setup is terminated.

Also, slip detected that I have Windows 2003, even though I have WIN XP SP2..

If it helps, I tried it on IBM ThinkPad R60e

Sorry, I was unable to replicate your problem despite using original operating systems from Microsoft Select CDs and re-running RAID Slipstreamer onto all of them.

However, I haven't had the chance to test what the effects of running RAID Slipstreamer BEFORE or AFTER nLite or HFSLIP. But then, I use HFSLIP regularly on Windows XP SP2 only and nothing irregular encountered yet.

RAID Slipstreamer's logic is very simple:

1) Check for the presence of NTDLL.DLL situated in the path in which you specified (it scans for each subfolder looking for a valid NTDLL.DLL file)

2) When found, checks for "Product Version"

3) If v5.2.xxx, slipstream Windows 2003 drivers into the I386 source

4) Else if v5.1.xxx, slipstream Windows XP drivers into the I386 source

5) Else if v5.0.xxx, slipstream Windows 2000 drivers into the I386 source

6) Write log

7) Loop and check the next subfolder until no more subdirectories found

8) Exit

Anyways, you can find out yourself.

1) Search for the NTDLL.DLL situated in your I386 source (or in I386\SYSTEM32)

2) Right-click NTDLL.DLL > Properties > Version > Product Version

3) Find out the version number

4) Compare with the above logic on step 3 - 5

Is your NTDLL.DLL out of whack (wrong version used)? :whistle:

If you're still having problems, then maybe RAID Slipstreamer is not a good tool for you. Try HFSLIP...

Cheers

I attempted to download your Rapid_Slipstreamerv2.2.exe program and I got a message from my content filter that the file contained a Trojan "New Malware.ac"

http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_138003.htm

It doesn't seem to be a very dangerous Trojan, but I thought I's let you know so you can run a few scans on it with some Web AV Scanners.

heh...are you sure it's my RAID Slipstreamer that has the trojan and not yours (or your computer)? :whistle:

1) The one on Rapidshare is named "Raid_Slipstreamer_v2.2.exe" and not "Rapid_Slipstreamerv2.2.exe"

2) I downloaded the one at Rapidshare, scanned using the 12/27/2006 virus definition of Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition v10.1.5.5000 and nothing unusual found

3) I extracted the contents, scanned using the same virus definition, and nothing found

Anyhow, use at your own risk regardless who is at fault

Edited by iTwins

I have tried this program and seem OK except it recognize my Windows XP installation like a Windows 2003... I checked, my ntdll has 5.1.2600.2180.

Other question: are you sure I have to place the drivers into the \I386\$OEM$\$1\Drivers\RAID folder? You wrote "OEMPnPDriversPath=Drivers\RAID;" to include the answer file. What is the root folder? Not the Systemdrive?

Joc

I have tried this program and seem OK except it recognize my Windows XP installation like a Windows 2003... I checked, my ntdll has 5.1.2600.2180.

Other question: are you sure I have to place the drivers into the \I386\$OEM$\$1\Drivers\RAID folder? You wrote "OEMPnPDriversPath=Drivers\RAID;" to include the answer file. What is the root folder? Not the Systemdrive?

Joc

Well, I really don't have a clue and I still don't see anything wrong with the program logic. Anyways, try the new v2.3 workaround - manually specifying the platform type. If you experience problems with automatic detection, use the manual method instead.

• 1 month later...

- Feb 20th, 2007 - A rewrite of the program and most of the bugs in previous versions have been corrected (I think). However, not much have been done to the WinPE codes and testing was very limited. Also added many drivers and updated many of the existing drivers to the latest version. It seems this tool is no longer for work only as I have been receiving a lot of requests from friends and other people to add support for this controller and that controller. Good thing I have ditched WinRAR and switched to using 7-zip to compress the whole program. Despite adding numerous new drivers, the size for v3.0 is over 30% smaller than previous versions. Last but not least, added many new features to v3.0. Try it out and see for yourself. Cheers!

Note 1: The reason why its still a BETA is because not enough testing were done on WinPE to confirm that the codes work smoothly. Apart from WinPE, everything have been tested quite thoroughly.

Note 2: v3.0 requires Microsoft .NET Framework v1.1. It does not support v2.0 or v3.0. If you have already installed v2.0 and/or v3.0, be sure to install v1.1 as well.

BETA 2 released. You no longer need to put 7z.exe into the search path but you are still required to install 7-zip before using the BETAs. I like UHARC better but that doesn't work with this tool. Anyways, also with BETA 1, slipstreaming WinPE did not work at all; this BETA 2 version fixed that.

I did some basic tests on slipstreaming WinXP drivers to the original Microsoft WinPE v1.5 (based on Windows XP SP2) and I am happy to say that it appeared to work quite well. I tested it on the new Lenovo Thinkpad X60 Tablet PC that comes with an Intel 82801 GBM ICH7-M AHCI SATA controller (AHCI mode enabled in BIOS) and it worked - booting up to WinPE CD and accessing the HDD. Prior to slipstreaming, that was not possible. That's good. But I think I should be targeting WinPE v2.0 (based on Vista) instead. That however will have to wait...

I just ran the Beta version 2 for my server Windows 2003, Enterprise R2 and when the Unattended server start up, here is the error:

"Setup was unable to build the list of flies to be copied.

The data is invalid"

Do you have any clue on this?

Thanks

Sonny Giang

I just ran the Beta version 2 for my server Windows 2003, Enterprise R2 and when the Unattended server start up, here is the error:

"Setup was unable to build the list of flies to be copied.

The data is invalid"

Do you have any clue on this?

Thanks

Sonny Giang

Ignore the above error, I found the problem, I used the long file path on to point to my software.

The version Beta 2 don't have a warning message for it? :rolleyes:

Ignore the above error, I found the problem, I used the long file path on to point to my software.

In the older versions, I used an older compiler that didn't support long file names. Now I switched to a different compiler and I was planning to correct this, therefore the warning message was removed. Obviously I forgotten about this. I'll try to fix this in upcoming releases. But the next release won't be out in for at least a while. I would say this BETA 2 is quite stable and not much problems encountered so far...so no rush on the next release. Plus, too much to do at work and too many games to play at home... :blushing:

Anyways, thanks for letting me know...

In the older versions, I used an older compiler that didn't support long file names. Now I switched to a different compiler and I was planning to correct this, therefore the warning message was removed. Obviously I forgotten about this. I'll try to fix this in upcoming releases. But the next release won't be out in for at least a while. I would say this BETA 2 is quite stable and not much problems encountered so far...so no rush on the next release. Plus, too much to do at work and too many games to play at home... :blushing:

Anyways, thanks for letting me know...

I haven't tried your program yet, but does it integrate the intel RAID drivers, specifically the one with iastor.sys?

Also does your program require any hacking methods to integrate the driver? Or it's all standard compliant?

Edited by Sgt_Strider

• 3 weeks later...