"Unattended" > Display Tab >Screen Resolution

Governator

Does anyone know why this occurs when after the install I simply go to desktop and do it manually? I select 1024x768 or any rez for that matter along with default color and refresh rate but it always defaults back to 640x480. Not a big deal but just wondering what is going on with the program and why the choice doesn't take, thanks to all...

Gov

Edited by Governator

This will only work if windows is able to install drivers for you graphic card during setup.

Since this is not my case, I change resolution (among other things) with an autohotkey script. :)

Greets Tux, I see what you're saying but why can' the program do what I do anyhow? I just manually change it upon entering windows anyway before I even install my ATI drivers :whistle:

This will only work if windows is able to install drivers for you graphic card during setup.

Since this is not my case, I change resolution (among other things) with an autohotkey script. :)

Greets Tux, I see what you're saying but why can' the program do what I do anyhow? I just manually change it upon entering windows anyway before I even install my ATI drivers :whistle:

You realize nLite does nothing with regards to screen resolution right? It merely sets an entry in WINNT.SIF.

If setup takes it, it works, if it doesn't it doesn't.

It something to do with how Windows installs drivers and when it sets the resolution. The Default Windows Drivers for most hardware don't like being set till after restart.

• 1 year later...
it always defaults back to 640x480.

Do you have 1024x768 at any point (untill reboot?) or does it not take it at all ?

It might also be related to the detected screen.

With me it always stays at 640*480, until windows is installed and fully started, then it complains that the current resolution is not suitable...

But with XP x64 no problem :wacko:

Edited by bartgrefte