New Utility: Windows Media Player 11 Integrator

bledd

There is a small bug where if you try to integrate wmp11 after wmp11 is already integrated, i believe that

Cannot create a file when that file already exists:

perhaps one of the cabbed files is what it is referring to?

Additionally, this error does not break the previous successful integration.

Edited by tap52384

There is a small bug where if you try to integrate wmp11 after wmp11 is already integrated, i believe that

Cannot create a file when that file already exists:

perhaps one of the cabbed files is what it is referring to?

Additionally, this error does not break the previous successful integration.

It goes without saying that for best results, it is recommended that a fresh installation source of windows xp be used for integration. However, if you can provide me with the description in the application of the current step when the error occurs, I could try to pin-point the actual problem. If not, I could provide you with a debugging version that could help identify exactly what is happening...

i tried it but to be sincere my fresh source grew up with almost 70mb....kinda much consider that the full installer of wmp 11 is around 20mb....

I agree with you. However I have yet to resolve why compressing the WMP files causes the themes to turn off.

does integrate cabs files, or is doing the same as command /integrate

What is the difference between 2 methods?

/integrate relies on Microsoft's method of integration while doing cab integration is more of a hand picked method.

excellent tool jcarle thank you :thumbup I'll use it soon.

but there's a little something I need help with,I want to add some WMP Skins to be installed with the player during the unattended setup,please tell me how-to?

thanks again :D

Hi Guys,

Need a little help here..

im using BArtPE wit the XPE shell via RIS. when it boots up I get the error message reported on previous pages.

Dialogue title: unregmp2.exe - Unable To Locate Component

Dialogue box: This application has failed to start because WMDRMSDK.DLL was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

how can I get round this with my setup.?

Hi Guys,

Need a little help here..

im using BArtPE wit the XPE shell via RIS. when it boots up I get the error message reported on previous pages.

Dialogue title: unregmp2.exe - Unable To Locate Component

Dialogue box: This application has failed to start because WMDRMSDK.DLL was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

how can I get round this with my setup.?

Make sure that those two files found in I386 on your XP source get copied over to WINDOWS\SYSTEM32.

I had a problem installing the "start menu" version (1.0b60). After right clicking on the .inf file there was a popup saying "The file 'uninstall.exe' on WMP11 Integrator Files is needed. Type the path where the file is located, and then click OK."

I know that uninstall.exe is in the .cab file but the Windows installer can't seem to find it and I had to extract it manually.

Is this a problem with the version of Windows Installer my system has? Its on Windows Update and should be completely up to date. I just wonder what else won't work if this is a problem.

I use the 1.1.60 version, but still get the message that wmdrmsdk.dll is missing.

If I copy wmdrmsdk.dll and mfplat.dll to the windows folder manually it works fine.

In DOSNET.INF I have

[Directories]
d5=\

[Files]
d5,I386\wmdrmsdk.dll
d5,I386\MFPLAT.dll

In TXTSETUP.SIF I have

[SourceDisksFiles]
wmdrmsdk.dll = 100,,,,,,,2,0,0
mfplat.dll = 100,,,,,,,2,0,0

Seems right, but still dosnt work unless I manually copy the 2 files to the systemroot folder.