New Utility: Windows Media Player 11 Integrator

bledd

Status Update: My 1st Test of WMP11 Integrator worked, the program launched the uninstall entries were created and all... But I did get one error during setup

It also Prevented my "Svcpack/Silent Switch" addons from installing (btw my inf addons were unharmed only the svcpack ones failed)

Heres what I integrated and in the order I did:

-1st RVM Updatepack along with a bunch of addons using RVM Integrator

-then WMP11 Integrator

-then nlite for Unattended folowed by Make ISO

Hope this info helps you a little, keep up the awesome work jcarle :)

Im gonna try integrating the updatepack first then do the mplayer 11 integration then im gonna integrate the addons see if that order helps my silent switch addons any

Best way to do it is by integrating WMP11 into a fresh source first, then using nLite to integrate the RyanVM packs (any and/or all).

I personally made an XP by using the WMP11 integrator, then used nLite 1.2.1 to integrate the RyanVM Post-SP2 Hotfixes Pack, RyanVM DirectX 9.0c Update, RyanVM WGA Hotfix, RogueSpear .NET All-In-One Add-On, and the official IE 7 hotfix, customized the options for unattended, then made a bootable ISO. Worked beautifully. nLite seems to do a better job at integrating the RyanVM packs then the actual RyanVM integrator. Also, since there's no official support for WMP11 anywhere, I find it best to use the WMP11 integrator first on a clean XP source.

I personally made an XP by using the WMP11 integrator, then used nLite 1.2.1 to integrate the RyanVM Post-SP2 Hotfixes Pack, RyanVM DirectX 9.0c Update, RyanVM WGA Hotfix, RogueSpear .NET All-In-One Add-On, and the official IE 7 hotfix, customized the options for unattended, then made a bootable ISO. Worked beautifully. nLite seems to do a better job at integrating the RyanVM packs then the actual RyanVM integrator. Also, since there's no official support for WMP11 anywhere, I find it best to use the WMP11 integrator first on a clean XP source.
Thank you jcarle... I knew it was me doing something wrong, I just didnt know the order in which to integrate it.

Great Work dude :thumbup

@jcarle

does integrater cabs files, or is doing the same as command /integrate? Is there a selection of components to integrate? I personally do not need this use mode driver framework which was always disabled in services. As well can You remove Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service from integration?

Notice that each time wmp11 starts it calls to the server and starts Universal Plug and Play Device Host service even though I do not connect anything. This was not the case with wmp10. Can You disable that?

Would be very nice,

Thanks in advance for Your answer,

Alex

@jcarle

does integrater cabs files, or is doing the same as command /integrate? Is there a selection of components to integrate? I personally do not need this use mode driver framework which was always disabled in services. As well can You remove Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service from integration?

Notice that each time wmp11 starts it calls to the server and starts Universal Plug and Play Device Host service even though I do not connect anything. This was not the case with wmp10. Can You disable that?

Would be very nice,

Thanks in advance for Your answer,

Alex

I have no idea as to what the inner workings of WMP11 are and I have no idea how it would be possible to remove some of those services, I'm not even sure that's possible without breaking WMP11's functionality. If it's that much of an issue, I'd suggest you simply don't install it and remove WMP with nLite and just install Winamp or something. And yes, this utility runs the /integrate command line parameter. It serves as a way to simplify the process.

I've tried the WMP11 Integrator 4 times, each with the same result - a bad one.

First I tried integrating it into a working nlite setup including RVM, tweaks, updates, etc, and got an error during the windows install:

Dialogue title: unregmp2.exe - Unable To Locate Component

Dialogue box: This application has failed to start because WMDRMSDK.DLL was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

So I tried a new fresh nlite with just RVM and the tweaks. Same error.

Tried another fresh nlite with just RVM. Same error.

Finally, I tried only a clean nlite with nothing but the WMP11 Integrator and still had the same error.

Help!

Oh, and when I say fresh nlite, I mean I deleted everything, copied the original CD back to the HDD and started from scratch.

Edited by therufus