help

given up

I hope I am in the correct area. I am not a computer person, I read the Dummy books, read the material on the Web about things I need to know about. At this point I am at my wits end. About 3 months ago I crashed my husbands tower by doing something stupid, and the stupid thing was trying to install the Windows XP Home Edition on his tower when it was already on mine, so now he has another tower this is the one I am at my wits end with. See, he has Windows XP Media Center Edition installed on that, another program that is also installed on his tower is a program called nLite. This tower was owned by someone else and was given to my husband, so everything that is installed on the tower belongs to that person. Anyways, I can not seem to download anything to where it comes up, can not get into any Windows programs to download or update. This nLite is giving me headaches, and I will admit I do not know how to use this program. Can I delete this program at all? Can I get a Windows XP Home or Professional Edition to start over again or would I make this worse? My husband really doesn't want the Windows XP Media Center Edition and does not want the program nLite at all!! Is the Media Center Editon something like the Professional version? If someone can help me with any of this we would really appreciate it very much.

Thank you so very much

given up

I don't understand where the actual problem is. nLite is a program used for reshaping the Windows installation CDs, it has no effect on an already set up Windows. Windows Media Center Edition is just Windows XP with some multimedia programs added to it.