MCE - optimal setup

Hi all,

I'm going to set up MCE as part of a dual boot system, and my plan is as follows:

I'm basically wanting to have two pc's, my XP-pro setup for gaming, surfing the net, and general mulling about, and then have my second boot as MCE so that I can optimize my system for movies, in much the same way as I have done for gaming already. It means that I can ditch a whole shedload of services, hardware and applications on my MCE boot disk, and hopefully really focus in on my cinema experience.

Does anyone have any experience of having done this, and give some advice on what I could do without/with for the perfect balance of form and functionality? If this works out well, I'm considering having a triple-boot system with another xp-pro OS disk for gaming, to try and get the most out of my machine.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to bump an old thread.... I was wondering the same and didn't find any of these replies helpful to be honest! :P

If I wanted a machine PURELY for MCE use and nothing else, what can I safely remove using nLite, so I can just use Media Center and have Internet access for downloading updates/Guide data??

Thank you :)