New RegTweaks Collection v0.2

Here is the new version of my Tweaks Collection

Main Changes on this Version (0.2)

- Added - Tweaks for TuneUp Utilities on Other Software reg file

- Added - 2 Tweaks for Macromedia Shockwave 10 on Other Software reg file (no auto-update & no collect statistics)

- Changed - Commented the "Lock taskbar" tweak, ´cause i think most people don´t like the fact that they cannot even right click at theyr own Taskbars.

- Changed - Commented the "Custom message to display before logon". Dis-comment if you plan, for some reason, to use it.

- Changed - Commented the "Removes Winamp Enqueue Context Menu when right clicking on folders", "Removes Winamp Enqueue Context Menu when right clicking on items" and "Removes Winamp Enqueue Context Menu when right clicking on playlists", since it is the most used audio player in the world, and those are usefull functions.

- Changed - Commented the "Disable Both Windows Logo Keys" and "Disable left windows key" tweak on General Settings reg file, since this key is used by most people to use common Windows funcions (Like WinKey + E > Open Explorer, for instance)

- Changed - Removed "nVidia OverClock/Tweak mode enable" and created a new Reg File, nVidia.reg, witch from now on will contain all tweaks related to nVidia VGA Cards and Chipsets

- Changed - Commented the "Classic start menu" tweak on Start Menu and Taskbar reg file, since most people uses Windows XP "New Style" Start Menu". Dis-comment if you like Classic Start Menu

- Major Change - Removed the Services.reg file and created a folder "Services", in witch there are 6 reg files for Services Tweaking, based on the Black Viper´s article about "Removing Uneeded Services" on Major Geeks page. PLEASE READ THE !!!README!!!.txt FILE BEFORE APPLYING THOSE. In this .txt file you will find usefull information about these new tweaks.

In each Reg file i Added a new line on the bottom of each Service Name, "Need it? (Relevancy): Never", witch should give you an idead of the importancy of that Service.

- Changed - Removed the duplicated entrie Internet Connection - Firewall (ICF) / Sharing (ICS) in all Servces Tweaks reg files, since it is the same as Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS). I added a new comments to explain it better to NON SP2 users.

- Changed - Changed the batch files on the lines "Applying Services Tweaks". Please read witch Services Tweaks file is the best for you and change the path in the Batch Files (default is My Personal Configuration)

- Corrected - Some ortographical and idention misleads that were left behind on the previous version.

.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:

.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.

To-Do List (v0.3)

- Create separate files for Connection Types (56K, DSL, Cable, T1, T2, T3)

- Create separate files for Hardware Tweaks (nVidia cards and chipsets, 3dfx cards, ATI cards, and other possible and known good tweaks) (PS: Need your help here!)

Bellow goes the Attachement

thanks.

gugutz

gugutz_RegTweaks_Collection_v0.2.7z

Edited by gugutz

Nice and well organized collection. I had all of these already, but it might help others.

These ones are included more than once in the same file:

Explorer view settings

NoDriveTypeAutoRun

MaxConnectionsPerServer

HungAppTimeout and WaitToKillAppTimeout are set too low, consider setting them higher than 1000 (1 sec). Progs might quit accidentally while busy working.

Nice and well organized collection. I had all of these already, but it might help others.

These ones are included more than once in the same file:

Explorer view settings

NoDriveTypeAutoRun

MaxConnectionsPerServer

HungAppTimeout and WaitToKillAppTimeout are set too low, consider setting them higher than 1000 (1 sec). Progs might quit accidentally while busy working.

really thanks, man.

gonna correct these in the next version.

really glad i have people like you guys to help.

thx,

this is very helpful. You have a small error in "internet.explorer.reg": the first line is commented out.

greets,

strowi

thanks, strowi!

i missed it out... :blushing:

already corrected for the next version, witch should be release very soon.

Once again, thanks for your work.

System.Performance.reg:

; Force DLL To Unload From Memory

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AlwaysUnloadDLL]
@="1"

This tweak does nothing under NT.

Nor does

; Increase IoPageLockLimit (disk cache)
; Note- Use the following settings depending on your system RAM:
; Note2 : Currently set to PCs with 512 mb RAM. Beware to modify according to your System Memory
; 00020000 = 131072 KB (if RAM > 512 MB)
; 00010000 = 65536 KB (if RAM > 256 MB)
; 00008000 = 32768 KB (if RAM > 128 MB)
; 00004000 = 16384 KB (if RAM > 64 MB)
; 00002000 = 8192 KB (if RAM > 32 MB)
; 00001000 = 4096 KB (if RAM < 32 MB)

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management]
"IoPageLockLimit"=dword:00020000

And I can't find visual tweaks. :}

PS: in 7-zip, use PPMd rather than LZMA to compress text files : it compresses just like LZMA and is faster.

I know this only spares 5KB but that's a pity fast noone is aware of that. I tried on linux latest kernel sources and PPMd was two times faster, compression was the same.

Edited by Camarade_Tux