Paranormal and digital photos

Thauzar

I'd like to know some technical detail. A friend of mine was on a trip to visit spooky locations to spot the best ones to shoot a movie. He took a hundred of pictures of abandonned houses and asylum, etc. At one moment, in a very creepy and old house, with a cemetery and a ruined church beside the house, after taking a couple of pictures, he took one on a big spider on her web. At the same moment, he heard a very loud, but low toned noise, like heavy respiration. His guide, who had gone here lots of time previously, never experienced anything like it. The noise was coming from the basement, who was not accessible at the time cause the stairs are crumbled.

When he got back home, my friend uploaded his pictures on his computer. All the pictures where there except one, that seemed corrupted. This picture was the one he took when he heard the loud noise. Strangely, all the pictures where dated correctly, except, you guessed it, the "special" one who was dated january 25th 1845. Going back to the house, he realised in the cemetary that that one of the tomb closest to the old house is one of some guy who died on january 25th 1845.

My question: in case a file is corrupted or anything. Is there a possible way that the date could be left to defaul, or resetted to the oldest date imaginable by the camera processor when an error occurs? Or is it "computerily" impossible that the pictures date would show the file was created more than 150 years ago?

good halloween story ;)

is it possible? of course, anything's possible ;)

i have an 80s synth that has damaged memory, so i'm able to routinely enter values into the waveform editors that are 10-20 times over there normal limit, letting me produce some whack sounds.

Sounds interesting :blink:

I've had cameras write the wrong date, but the same date as the death of someone who used to live there is a bit coincidental. Any link to the pictures? Good Halloween story though :)

Edited by curtis

@rootworm: you can enter the values but he did not tweak anything.

@curtis: the pictures are not uploaded on the web yet, but anyway none of the working pictures show anything strange. The strange picture can't be seen cause it acts like a corrupted file.

But it's indeed a good halloween story. My friend is currently investing the past of that man, and the house, and the church, and the local village where all of this is located. The reason I posted here was to get some expertise about the possibility of the creation date being set back for only one picture, and without user intervention, to go back 150 years in the past.