Microsoft .Net Famework Hotfix

Going on a hunch, he's referring to the framework as a hotfix for Windows, but I could be wrong. :)

At any rate, the .NETFramework is like the VB6 runtimes that we used to have to download to use programs. Basically, if you want to use a .NET program, you need this.

Sorry yes that wasnt very clear i wrote it at sillyoclock this morning.

I mean the .Net framework that show up in the windows update after a fresh install.

I have not installed it here and have never been asked for it by a program, do you think it will be something that will increase with time? silly question really?

Opinions please :)

i would say that amount of programs for .NET wil definetly increase with time, more and more developer are switching to .NET programing.

microsoft already included .NET Framework 1.1 with Windows 2003, and i belive will iclude it Longhorn, or any future release of windows.

yea and all those nifty little installer look good thingies are using .net . It amkes it hard to use something that isn't even installed early enough in install. I think those things look nice and all but wont be vrery usable durring install.

no there are two thingies floating around here that are actual programs. One using xml and another using an ini file for setting them up to do the install stuff for you. My inf installers can be sed anywere and anytime. They could be used under win98 if you wanted to.

As for me i install the .net stuff from an inf file that is started from cmdlines.txt.