Windows Media Player 11 for Windows XP

boooggy

I never really liked that i bought my xp... but now ms has this validation everywhere i feel pretty good, if you know what i mean :)

as for this new build.... i think it looks much better than 10, but the quality of the player, i dont know.... dont use it often....

I guess they wont release WMP 11 for Windows Server 2003.

It is confirmed, no WMP11 for Win 2k3 according to the transcript posted on Win 2k3 Beta 2 Refresh, Connect.

But you can force install it though (I have done it and it works!) :rolleyes:

It is confirmed, no WMP11 for Win 2k3 according to the transcript posted on Win 2k3 Beta 2 Refresh, Connect.

or u can use my addon..... :P

or u can use my addon..... :P

I will need to reinstall Windows. :no:

Sys admins have no use for WMP on a server. Hopefully no one is paying $999 + tax for a workstation.

Sys admins are hardly the only users for a server (likely a minority). And Win 2003 Standard is more like 400$ - less than that if you get the action pack instead (somehow that's cheaper than most "nice" editions of Vista are going to be). Some people have a genuine need for win2003 (not for gaming or such). Not that I really care or have a use for WMP mind you.

I've already found and reported a bug that exists when using WMP11 in Firefox, it seems when you view a video that is running in a resolution larger than the encoding, WMP11 will resize back to the video's true height instead of using the HTML markup from within Firefox 2.0, but it works fine in IE6.

The problem is the width does not resize, so my 640x480 video window, showing a 320x240 video resized to 640x240.

My bug post is at: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=358944

PS: this bug won't affect normal video playback in Firefox, so don't sweat it much guys.

Edited by travisowens