Winnt.sif Program Ver 1.0 Released!

b0r3d

Sorry for the lack of updates guys. I've started a new full time job, so i hardly get time to do it anymore. But don't worry. I will release a version 3. It'll just take me a while. Ill fondle through all these threads, and add the features you guys are suggesting, and fix the bugs/errors you guys have found.

As for the archive being currupt, i just downloaded it on my work computer, and i can download/unrar it fine. So i dont know what to tell you.

TonicX: Make sure you have the .Net Framework installed. That is required for the program to run.

Thank you all for your interest in my program. I'll do my best to keep you all happy! :)

• 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...

not to take away from the great work it is awesome

Lets say you create an AIO dvd with windows xp home, pro, all of them

and then you decide to instal xp pro without sp's

so in basic menu of the AIO you pick xp pro ---> next menu gives coices of say

0 sps, sp1, sp1 hotfixed, sp2 and you pick the 0 ---> next menu has run set up or unattended and you select unattended<---now these menus are created before those are examples.

now you wind up doing this because your hard drive crashed and had to buy a new one, now xp pro with no sp's is not going to have .net framework to run the awesome program you have created.

so the question is --- is there a way to create a menu too have all the options needed for filling out, that will create the unattended .sif say in a temp memory since it isn't going to be able to burn to the cd. and you go watch a movie come back and its all done sitting there waiting .

i tried to describe it the best way i could. in my head i know what i want to happen just didn't know how to say it.

thanks for any replies

b0r3d,

Could you make a version with the needed .NET bits included, similar to the nLite runtimes, for those of us that do not install .NET.

This link Thinstall may help make it easier to do, or you could contact Nuhi and ask how he did it.

thanks for the replies

let me try and describe it this way.

your friend barely use his computer for anything other then checking email and browsing. his hard drive stops working totally and buys a new one and put it in himself because he is to stubborn to pay 100bucks more to the local store.

finds his recovery disk but its cracked, but have it in its case that shows the

product key.

he calls you up because you know a thing or two and you let him use your AIO creation which doesnt have your info in the winnt.sif file. but you are about to leave for a 30 day vacation and do not have the time to create a bootable cd for him with his info or you will miss getting to the airport. kids screamin, wife wondering if she looks good in her bikini. you tell him come get the cd or go buy a new OS

you print out the winnt.sif quickly write down steps too take, select hit enter, select option 4, then 2 and then its builds a winnt.sif file describing that you put your name here, say yes here, say no to that, put product ID there. and when its installing it refers to some temporary winnt.sif since you cannot burn it to the closed session cdrom. so when time hits that 33 minute mark, it just fills out the info while he went to dinner to return to his computer sitting there with that blank window of only the start menu sticking up.

kind of like during instalation it opens a .bat or .cmd when he selects the unattended instal and does the steps in 5 mins and can carry on during the next average hour doing what ever and forget to return to see if a new window popped up asking questions only to wait another 33 mins and carry on and return to anoter popped up item to wait another 29 mins. to where time gets wasted sitting there watching the instal(about as exciting as watching paint dry). so he gets bored and moves on to doing something to return from dinner to see the next step of welcome press next.

i hope that explains it more in lamens terms to what i am looking for

thanks

wherzdaluv

This is a fantastic tool m8. I can definatley see me using this. Saves trawling through the help files to check everything.

Congrats.

Why not release the source code and others can help seeing as your a busy man now.

then its builds a winnt.sif file describing that you put your name here, say yes here, say no to that, put product ID there. and when its installing it refers to some temporary winnt.sif since you cannot burn it to the closed session cdrom.

I might be mistaken, but I beleive that WindowsXP will automatically check your floppy disc to see if there is a WINNT.SIF file on it. If you just throw the WINNT.SIF file you created onto a floppy, he can just pop the floppy in, and use the unattended disc w/o a problem!