Winnt.sif Program Ver 1.0 Released!

b0r3d

Regarding Lanuages:

Wouldn't it be nice to place an "Options" Button next to "File", from where you are able to select the program's default language.

One method to safe the languages is as .ini files, from where you are able to load the information very easy!

Technical reason: I have no bloody idea. It works fine for me :)

Does anyone else get this error?

Might be becouse I once in the beginning of life somehow changed allot of fonts with some crappy shareware theme maker.. i don't even remember the name of it no more..

Is there any way one could order the program to use a specific font?

Seems it doesn't like to use my default font settings..

I've tested it on other puters and it workz great there.. Only on this workstation where I do allmost all my testing + work related stuff I can't get it to work..

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Technical reason: I have no bloody idea. It works fine for me :)

Might be becouse I once in the beginning of life somehow changed allot of fonts with some crappy shareware theme maker.. i don't even remember the name of it no more..

I've tested it on other puters and it workz great there.. Only on this workstation where I do allmost all my testing + work related stuff I can't get it to work..

I think the problem may have been that you opened the program, and you closed it using the "kill button" (or X to normal people) that only appers when using themes. When not using a theme, the button is removed by default.

When using a theme that has an X button on the top right, and clicking it, doesnt actually end the program. It just closes the window. Press Alt + Ctrl + Del go to Processes, and see if WINNTSIF.EXE is listed there. If it is, end task it, and restart the application.

Hope it helps.

If I leave some settings blank, such as the product key, will it ask for it during setup? :)

Yes it should. But, the product key is a bad example. Due to the way i coded the program, if you dont enter anything in the product key, your winnt.sif file will look like this:

ProductKey=----

Its an oversight on my part. I didnt allow for the user to not enter specific data like that. Ill fix it up right away.

Regarding Lanuages:

Wouldn't it be nice to place an "Options" Button next to "File", from where you are able to select the program's default language.

One method to safe the languages is as .ini files, from where you are able to load the information very easy!

Its a good suggestion, but im not going to do it :)

It'll take too much time, which im not prepared to dedicate to a project so small.

Everyone will just have to deal with English :rolleyes:

Technical reason: I have no bloody idea. It works fine for me :D

I think the problem may have been that you opened the program, and you closed it using the "kill button" (or X to normal people) that only appers when using themes. When not using a theme, the button is removed by default.

When using a theme that has an X button on the top right, and clicking it, doesnt actually end the program. It just closes the window. Press Alt + Ctrl + Del go to Processes, and see if WINNTSIF.EXE is listed there. If it is, end task it, and restart the application.

Hope it helps.

Belive me I am no fool. I checked for that possibillity before I entered a post..:)

I have some more info about this weird problem..

And belive me, I am not saying it's a badly coded software.. I just repport a problem.. i really like the program and as I said before.. It works on all other machines I've tested it on..:rolleyes:

The error repported is this.

Microsoft .NET Framework
An unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click
Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If
you click Quit, the application will be shut down immediately.

Font 'Courier New' dowsn't support style 'Regular'

And under here 3 buttons....

Details                Continue    Quit

If I go Continue It freeces in the taskmanager.. Nothing more happends.. If I go quit it quits.. And details is the previous post I sent you..

No clues??

Ps, I'd really love to see possibillity to join a domain instead of a workgroup too..:D

If you get me the text i need to insert into the winnt.sif, ill add domain joining to the program.

As for your problem, i think i've pinpointed the problem. Its only in one spot that i use the font Courier New, and thats to display the created winnt.sif file before you save it. If you want, i can change it just for you and e-mail you a copy :)

I would really appreciate if you could do that man.. If it's not to much work..

Also I found this for you.. Dunno if it's usable but anyhow....

Mail addie : screemers@hotmail.com

[Identification]
   JoinDomain=HONEYCUTT

[Networking]
   InstallDefaultComponents=Yes

Source Here!!

thanks for this tool it's looking quite nice. better than the default micrsoft one at any rate. But then thiers is more of a wizard for idots type thing. It scares me to think sysadmins out there cant figure out a winnt.sif file and have to use a wizard for idiots type thing.

thanks for this tool it's looking quite nice. better than the default micrsoft one at any rate. But then thiers is more of a wizard for idots type thing. It scares me to  think sysadmins out there cant figure out a winnt.sif file and have to use a wizard for idiots type thing.

I agree .. but alas, they are out there...