Can't get it to work - Application Install

Hello

I want to make a Windows XP Unattended install,

My problem is, that i can't find switchess and commands to get al off my programma's to install:

My question, how would make me a batch file, to install and register my programms?

For Nero, is this okay?

ECHO.
ECHO Registering Nero Burning ROM...
REGEDIT /S %systemdrive%\install\Programmas\Nero\register.reg
ECHO.
ECHO Installing Nero Burning ROM 6.6.0.18
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Applications\Nero\Nero.exe /silent /noreboot
ECHO.
ECHO Installing Nero Burning ROM Nederlandse Taal
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Applications\Nero\NL Taal.exe /silent /noreboot

For MSN is this okay?

ECHO.
ECHO Installing MSN Messenger 7.5
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\MSN\MSN.exe /QB

For WinRAR is this okay, i inserted the rarreg.key already in de SFX thnx to a topic in this forum

ECHO.
ECHO Installing WinRAR 3.5
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Applications\WinRAR\WinRAR 3.5 NL /s

Now what i want is,

Install and register Alcohol 120% 1.9.5 build 4212

Install Quickpar

Install GrabIt

Install LimeWire Pro

Install and register PowerDVD 6

And how can i copy things to my Documents And Settings Folder with a batch file??

Can anyone help me?? :angel:rolleyes:

Edited by DaDarkDevil

the best thing that may help you unattended.msfn.org

if you have already looked, i would recommend that you follow the application install section. it can seem tough and difficult but after a dew goes you'll be singing.

most switches can be found in the application install topic area and i know that nero and msn and winrar are there.

for winrar you need use " around the path and file name as it has spaces in it, but you could just delete those

the best thing that may help you unattended.msfn.org

if you have already looked, i would recommend that you follow the application install section. it can seem tough and difficult but after a dew goes you'll be singing.

most switches can be found in the application install topic area and i know that nero and msn and winrar are there.

for winrar you need use " around the path and file name as it has spaces in it, but you could just delete those

How do you mean " put them around Winrar 3.5 NL.exe like so? "WinRAR 3.5 NL.exe" or around "%system drive .... .exe"?

Edited by DaDarkDevil

How do you mean " put them around Winrar 3.5 NL.exe like so? "WinRAR 3.5 NL.exe" or around "%system drive .... .exe"?

Either of those will work. So you can for instance use

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Applications\Nero\"NL Taal.exe" /silent /noreboot

or

start /wait "%systemdrive%\install\Applications\Nero\NL Taal.exe" /silent /noreboot

As long as the part of the full path that contains spaces is enclosed in quotation marks, you're OK.

I'm used to remove spacing from such strings plus

I'm used to use 8.3 format for file names.

This alwyas kept me in the safe side.

However, I followed the same rules (removing spacing & 8.3 format)

last time I installed some apps right from CD at T-13 (SVCPACK).

Although I follow those rules, when I add quotes around the full path,

the command prompt opens and the app isn't run!

To solve this problem I just added double quotes between Start and /Wait

like this: Start "" /Wait

So, even if you have spacing in your path and even if you wrap it with quotes, it's much safer

to put double quotes between Start and /Wait.

These are some examples from my latest CD:

Echo Universal Extractor 1.3.1
Start "" /Wait "%CDROM%\$OEM$\CDSVCPAK\UniXtrct\UniXtrct.exe" /SP- /VERYSILENT /LANG=English
MD "%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\Universal Extractor"
move "%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\Universal Extractor.lnk" "%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\Universal Extractor" >NUL

Echo FlashGet 1.73
Start "" /Wait "%CDROM%\$OEM$\CDSVCPAK\FGet173\FGet173.exe" /S
Start /Wait %SystemRoot%\regedit.exe /s "%CDROM%\$OEM$\CDSVCPAK\FGet173\FGet173.reg"

echo HardCopy Pro 2.3.0
Start "" /Wait "%CDROM%\$OEM$\CDSVCPAK\HardCopy\HCSetup.exe" "%SystemDrive%\Program Files\HardCopy Pro"
copy "%CDROM%\$OEM$\CDSVCPAK\HardCopy\*.d??" "%UserProfile%\Application Data\DeskSoft\HardCopy Pro\*.*" >NUL

In the last example I copied some files from my CD to %UserProfile%.

Under SVCPACK, "%UserProfile%\Application Data\DeskSoft\HardCopy Pro" resolves to "C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Application Data\DeskSoft\HardCopy Pro".

But if I use the same line (via a batch file) any time after the first logon, then

"%UserProfile%\Application Data\DeskSoft\HardCopy Pro" resolves to "C:\Documents and Settings\mazin\Application Data\DeskSoft\HardCopy Pro", where mazin is assumed to be my account (profile).

HTH

I'm used to remove spacing from such strings plus

I'm used to use 8.3 format for file names.

This alwyas kept me in the safe side.

However, I followed the same rules (removing spacing & 8.3 format)

last time I installed some apps right from CD at T-13 (SVCPACK).

Although I follow those rules, when I add quotes around the full path,

the command prompt opens and the app isn't run!

To solve this problem I just added double quotes between Start and /Wait

like this: Start "" /Wait

So, even if you have spacing in your path and even if you wrap it with quotes, it's much safer

to put double quotes between Start and /Wait.

These are some examples from my latest CD:

Echo Universal Extractor 1.3.1
Start "" /Wait "%CDROM%\$OEM$\CDSVCPAK\UniXtrct\UniXtrct.exe" /SP- /VERYSILENT /LANG=English
MD "%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\Universal Extractor"
move "%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\Universal Extractor.lnk" "%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\Universal Extractor" >NUL

Echo FlashGet 1.73
Start "" /Wait "%CDROM%\$OEM$\CDSVCPAK\FGet173\FGet173.exe" /S
Start /Wait %SystemRoot%\regedit.exe /s "%CDROM%\$OEM$\CDSVCPAK\FGet173\FGet173.reg"

echo HardCopy Pro 2.3.0
Start "" /Wait "%CDROM%\$OEM$\CDSVCPAK\HardCopy\HCSetup.exe" "%SystemDrive%\Program Files\HardCopy Pro"
copy "%CDROM%\$OEM$\CDSVCPAK\HardCopy\*.d??" "%UserProfile%\Application Data\DeskSoft\HardCopy Pro\*.*" >NUL

In the last example I copied some files from my CD to %UserProfile%.

Under SVCPACK, "%UserProfile%\Application Data\DeskSoft\HardCopy Pro" resolves to "C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Application Data\DeskSoft\HardCopy Pro".

But if I use the same line (via a batch file) any time after the first logon, then

"%UserProfile%\Application Data\DeskSoft\HardCopy Pro" resolves to "C:\Documents and Settings\mazin\Application Data\DeskSoft\HardCopy Pro", where mazin is assumed to be my account (profile).

HTH

Thats a lot of information, hihi, but i still dont get everything, i just delete the spaces, thats better i guess :blushing: And cant anyone add me on MSN, and make me a batch file :blushing: i just want that programma's to be installed unattended, but i cant find all of the right switches.. and i see that my know-how isnt good enough :blink::angel

For MSN Messenger, I extract the downloaded EXE with WinRAR to get the MSI file.

You ONLY need the MSI file to install MSN Messenger and with the same switch you posted: MSN.msi /QB (OR) MSN.msi /QN

Your switch for NERO is correct. I don't know about nero lang packs.

For WinRAR, I use capital S; like this: WinRAR.exe /S