nLite 1.2.1 Final - Finish him!

nuhi

And what about Vista ? :D

No, kidding.

Thanks for this release, I'm testing right now. :)

edit : how does it come Desktop Cleanup Wizard is needed for "Activation and Sysprep" ? :blink:

edit2: I always forget the difference between Connection Manager, Internet Connection Wizard and Network Setup Wizard.

It would be easier with some screenshots (or with a link to an webpage with a screenshot). :)

Edited by Camarade_Tux

Thanks nuhi :thumbup

Right on time as you have promised.

Can't wait to test it and to give some suggestions in the upcoming thread for feature requests :yes:

Few hours ago I posted the Ultimate Index of all my addons for nLite: Click, a lot of people are going to create new install CDs now, so this comes in handy ;)

Keep up the good work :thumbup

Edited by rado354

I have a feature request:

Would be cool to have an option to tick off that would automatically "answer yes" to keeping the newer files when integration hotfixes that have the same files but different version.

So you don't have to answer for each and every time ...

Edited by -.-PhanTom-.-

when i choose the hide pages/prompt repair the TCP/IP patch and the USB Polling is disabled. Is that correct. In the previous nlite version i used to use the option default unattended.. and these options were avaialble..

what am i doig wrong ???

bledd, heh that's the pic

minigun, few time people reported that with rc too but just remake your preset. I would fix it it ever happened to me of course.

Lemonzest, are you using 2k3 sp1 ?

RogueSpear and FSB-SPY, can you delete last session and last session_u from nlite\presets folder and try again? I tried even last night when you reported it to make it popup that error but no luck.

Camarade_Tux, desktop cleanup is called after Sysprep reseal so if there is no dll present it popups error message.

-.-PhanTom-.-, I agree, and just to be sure that you know if you disable reports it will do just that.

sonu27, there are and will be more addons to install wmp11, no need for me to redo it. IE7 was different, needs full nLite access to things.

Avnee, no, those 2 aren't connected. Patches can be disabled for these reasons:

2k no sp or you overwritten files with already patched ones...or it's not yet supported, which version of windows is that?

-.-PhanTom-.-, I agree, and just to be sure that you know if you disable reports it will do just that.

Ahh, I did not know that...sorry ;)

Hmmm... using 1.2 final I cannot get it to integrate dotnet and java installers like I used to be able to with ealier versions...

Been a while since I've used Nilte last time, but pretty sure it worked with these installers in the past...

And now nlite f***ed up my windows installation :(

Got a dotnet2 error... rebooted, and now get a message saying that windows in not properly installed.... WTF!!!

Even more weird.. just loaded a 1 month old image file - but windows now acts as just before the f***up 5 min ago.......wonder what the hell is happening... :(

It kept my desktop.ini and other windows settings . and some are mixed with the old setup... a total f***up has happened :(

Edited by -.-PhanTom-.-

RogueSpear and FSB-SPY, can you delete last session and last session_u from nlite\presets folder and try again? I tried even last night when you reported it to make it popup that error but no luck.

hey nuhi,

get a similar error message with a fresh 1.2 final install too (so no old presets at all in my installation directory..).

The first line of error message is the same, saying "Unable to cast object of type 'System.Boolean' to type 'System.String'.

Second line says "Last session" as the error occured when wanting to start processing and the used preset is "Last session" there..

The reason is following I think:

You redesigned 3 options:

"Clean MUI Languages support entries"

"Black Background" and

"Classic"

All of these until 1.2RC had entries "Enabled" or "Disabled". No they have (default value) "No" and u can change them to "True" or "False". Somewhere there is something wrong. U changed it unaccidently to these values instead of Enabled/Disabled like before?

get a similar error message with a fresh 1.2 final install too (so no old presets at all in my installation directory..).

Same with me. I always delete all of my presets when installing a new version on nLite. Going one step further, when nLite was going through it's processes, during the "Processing Setup Files" stage I got a crash with no specific error message. Since I had Visual Studio 2005 installed it just wanted me to debug, but there was no specific error message which I thought was odd.

nuhi, it's a no go; same deal. I too noticed what MarkCoolio is talking about. The words Yes/No and Enable/Disable mismatch, and I wonder if that is the culprit?

Here is the crash dump just in case:

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Boolean' to type 'System.String'.

at ..( , String )

at ..()

at ..(Object , EventArgs )

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnEnter(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.NotifyEnter()

at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.UpdateFocusedControl()

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

nLite

Assembly Version: 1.2.0.2

Win32 Version: 1.2.0.2

CodeBase: file:///C:/Apps/nLite/nLite.exe

System

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

nLite

Assembly Version: 1.2.0.2

System.Windows.Forms

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

cablib

Assembly Version: 1.0.2459.36134

Win32 Version:

CodeBase: file:///C:/Apps/nLite/cablib.DLL

msvcm80

Assembly Version: 8.0.50608.0

Win32 Version: 8.00.50727.42

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/WinSxS/x86_Microsoft.VC80.CRT_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.42_x-ww_0de06acd/msvcm80.dll

nlgw

Assembly Version: 1.1.0.0

MCDBNET2

Assembly Version: 1.32.0.0

Win32 Version: 1.32.0.1302

CodeBase: file:///C:/Apps/nLite/MCDBNET2.DLL

Accessibility

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Hi this is my first post in this forum.

I encountered one error when trying to integrate IE7 (for Win 2k3 SP1) to Windows 2003 Standard Edition SP2 Build 2805 Beta 2 Refresh. It said the file "xmllitesetup.exe' isn't design for this version of Windows.

Other than that, everything works for me at least for now (I haven't tried all features in this version yet).