DVD writer doesn't get recognized anymore

Hi all,

A day or two ago I've found out that my DVD drive wasn't being recognized anymore, and my Device Manager was like on the screenshot below:

devicemngrnf2.th.png

I can't get the drivers installed anymore :(

An log from the Nero InfoTool program is attached below.

I hope anyone can help me out.

Thanks in advance!

InfoTool.txt

Edited by Martijn

Thought I'd give some more info, here is what Windows says when I try to install the drivers:

hwwizardba1.th.png

Edit: Never mind :) I've followed instructions from the MS KB and it gave directions to remove a key from the registry, wich contained the value AnyDVD, a program wich I indeed removed causing the drive not to show up anymore :)

Edited by Martijn

Here it is: MS KB.

It says the article applies to Easy CD Creator but it can apply to any CD/DVD burning program, like in my case AnyDVD.

Also, the Lowerfilters and Upperfilters keys found in that article don't need to be both in the registry, if one of them is found, you can just remove that one and restart.

Would it be an idea to sticky this thread, or reference to it in a FAQ type thread? When I searched on Google, I noticed that more people are having this problem. So it might be usefull...

And I agree with what you said about programs not cleaning themselves properly, it's really anoying.