Runtime error in WPI

I am getting a runtime error in WPI - no matter what I do i can't get rid of it. I even started all over again. with a fresh copy of WPI 5.5 added into my UXPCD folder and tried it with just one tweak to install. WPI gives me a green checkmark telling me it is good and then I get the runtime error and WPI hangs.

A Runtime error has occurred
Do you wish to debug?

Line: 273
Error: the system cannot find the file specified

I've tried changing the path in config.js to every variation I can think of but, nothing works. ie: %ROOT%; %WPIPATH%;%CDROM% and even the exact address E:\UXPCD\WPI\Install\Reg......

I do not want to create an iso file to mount until I know that it is working correctly and I should be able to run wpi from the HDD folder it is currently residing in.

I am running XP Pro X64 edition

I am adding my relevant files to the post and, hopefully, somebody can point me in the right direction.....

WPI_Log.txtconfig.js

Edited by bart of borg

Path to regedit is c:\windows\regedit.exe. i'm pretty sure that's the same as regular XP.

As for my programs.....It doesn't matter what i try to install, i get the runtime error....i just used the regtweak because it was an easy starting point, anything i try to run from WPI causes the same error.... Can you think of anything else?

and thanks for the quick reply!

Edited by bart of borg

are you trying to run your wpi from a disk or is it being copied over to the pc during its install.. ?

if its being installed from either id seriously say your addresses are wrong,, meaning this is what ive noticed

regb[pn]=['E:\\UXPCD\\WPI\\Install\\Reg\\rightcomp.reg'];

now if your running it from a cd the address would look like this

regb[pn]=['%CDROM%\\WPI\\Install\\Reg\\rightcomp.reg'];

and if you were running it from a cd then it would look like this

regb[pn]=['%WPIPATH%\\WPI\\Install\\Reg\\rightcomp.reg'];

it looks to me like your adding an unnescessary cd structure meaning dont add the "UXPCD" part because thats none excistent after you burn the contents onto a disk..

hope this helps you out thats what i see any ways

No, i don't want to run it from a cd yet.....like I said in the first post, I want to test it before i add it to the iso i'm going to create.

I've tried changing the path in config.js to every variation I can think of but, nothing works. ie: %ROOT%; %WPIPATH%;%CDROM% and even the exact address E:\UXPCD\WPI\Install\Reg......

I do not want to create an iso file to mount until I know that it is working correctly and I should be able to run wpi from the HDD folder it is currently residing in.

No, i don't want to run it from a cd yet.....like I said in the first post, I want to test it before i add it to the iso i'm going to create.

even if your running it from hd youll still need the %WPIPATH% and youll have to leave the uxpcd path out of it,, because it still will not excist even when running wpi,

Yes, I know this......You are misunderstanding me.......

This the current attempt......

regb[pn]=['E:\\UXPCD\\WPI\\Install\\Reg\\rightcomp.reg'];

I have also tried:

regb[pn]=['%CDROM%\\WPI\\Install\\Reg\\rightcomp.reg'];

and

regb[pn]=['%WPIPATH%\\Install\\Reg\\rightcomp.reg']

regb[pn]=['%WPIPATH%\\WPI\\Install\\Reg\\rightcomp.reg']

and

and

regb[pn]=['%ROOT%\\WPI\\Install\\Reg\\rightcomp.reg']

They all cause the same error

Edited by bart of borg

i see, im about out of clues then,, are your ie core files still intact on the pc or were they removed ? and also has this pc been newly reset ? and if not how long has it been,, just curious

well anyways i wish i could help you better man,, perhaps some one else has got some ideals