VB6 Manifest Resource Creator Version 1.0.0 Released

VB6MRC Version 1.0.0

28 October 2006

This little app is for users who code with VB6. VB6MRC will create the manifest files so that your VB applications are viewed with Windows XP Style Themes instead of the old drab looking Windows 98 looking style

Download ManifestApp.exe 192kb

Download Help.chm 1.3mb

Download The Installer From Freewarefiles.com 1.45mb

VB6MRC.jpg

Any Questions? just ask

Egg :D

Indeed you are right. The Manifest is just an XML file but you also need a .bas file to add to your vb6 projects.

Also this app will create a .res file to add to you vb6 apps so that there would be no need to have a Manifest file in the same directory as the executable application. The resign for the huge sized help file is because I have added 18 jpg pictures. I’m also sorry if this help file does not meet your requirements

Many Thanks

Egg. :P

The big problem with manifest files is that option buttons are fully black so you can't see the text in it. And most of the time you get an error: System Error &H80070583 (-2147023485). The class doesn't exist.

Then there is another solution to put the option button in an image box, but if you want to change colors using the option buttons that is also not gonna work, with black backgrounds.

I still havn't found a solution for this, but i'm using Visual Basic 2005 now and that is fully XP Style compatible. I also think you can better step to Visual Basic 2005 because most of the programmers are programming in .NET, C of C++, so Visual Basic 2005 would be a better option as programmer ;) Or Java fully platform independent :sneaky:

The easiest workaround for the black background to checkboxes/radio buttons is to put those controls on a picture box then the picture box on the frame. And any time you use a manifest file the best way is through a resource file but one essential step is to init common controls, explained here: http://www.vbaccelerator.com/home/vb/code/..._VB/article.asp

;)