Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

Sign in to follow this  
straytoasters

Copy dialog box text or export to .txt

Basically thats it. When you run program name /? you get a dialog box of the available swithes, I just want to copy the dialog box or export its text to a text file.

program_name /?>swithes.txt doesent work (it just generates a blank .txt)...hey...it was my first thought. Suggestions???

Straytoasters

Your right,

re-directing the output to a txt file works for most command, except a few. What command are you trying it with ?

...Well I am just wanting to get the switches for various programs. Some programs used different switches and some of the same switches produce different results for different programs. Anyhow...I found "jocr" which will basically do an ocr on any picture you select and outputs that to a text file. Its not perfect, it mistakes some characters, but over all it works...it you know a better way (better program, reg edit to allow copying in dialog boxes) let me know. Thanks.

I was just (as an example, but a real one) trying gdidettool.exe /?>gdilog.txt

Straytoasters

If you are using Windows 2000 or later try pressing CTRL+C when a message box is the active window.

I did not know that worked! Wow! Will make things easier to troubleshoot in the future, thanks! :hello:

If you are using Windows 2000 or later try pressing CTRL+C when a message box is the active window.

:w00t: Incredible! Tip of the year :thumbup