Active Direcotry ?

darph

HI

I want to install an active directory in my firm. So that the admin can easy reinstall old PC´s or install new PC´s with a full control over the Software and Useraccounts.

Is this possible with AD and Windows 2003 Server Edition.

Can anybody say me what funktions AD have?

I search now a long time but nothing found the descripe it really well.

sorry for my bad english but its my 2 language and i just learn it :)

so long

darph

For your english, there's no problem with it. Every one has to start somewhere (some just start sooner than others - it's also my second language).

Concerning Active D, its main advantage, I'd say, is to allow user to be able to open a session everywhere in the company, no matter wich computer there are using, and have access to the usual softwares with the usual stuff in the "My Documents" folder.

Is allows you to build your network in a way that will make it "transparent" to the user. I mean, the user won't notice how it works, but it works, and the average user only wants it to work. Wherever the printers or the files are, you can use it.

Active D allows you to control how, why and when users log in, and what they can do.

You can also create "Group Policy Objects" (called GPO) to set some rules for some specific user, group of users or computers. It goes to disabling the "search" button in the Start Menu, up to installing/removing applications through the network.

Active Directory is a powerful tool, and is not quite easy to master. I've had more than 300 hours of courses, labs, and readings on that matter and I only begin to have a clear idea of how powerful it really is.

ISA server and Exchange can be merged to Active D to add even more functionnalities (ISA is for Internet Security and Acceleration; it's a proxy. Exchange is a messenger application designed for Active D - I'm about to start them soon).

I suggest you to read a book or two and do some testing before implementing Active D in your entreprise (you don't want to lose your job, do you?)

Hi

thank you for your information. I don´t loose my job. I´m a practican and it is my object to install a program or someting else to install Windows, Office, and some other Tools. In a silent way. The unattended method is not possible because of the differnce Hardware and Software that the user in the firm have.

So i thought about AD to install the pc over network.

I don´t need so much from AD the main point is the installation from the user PC in a full silent way.

so long

darph