Lite Windows

andregcasal

.ASP files contain ASP language (ASP is a programing language) and are files needed for a webserver. Look for ASP on Google and you should understand what i'm talking about.

.WMZ files, im supposing Windows Media Zsomething :P

"Can I add *.hlp into the delete box?" Good question... Anyone?

As the list of files is very extensive i thought about creating a very simple web page where we could track the deletable, the undeletable and the untested files, so the post doesn't gets too big to read. What you think guys?

That sounds like a good idea to me. It'd be nice if the deleted files had some kind of a description next to them, by the way. I, for one, don't want to lose usability even in the most nLite'd version.

As the list of files is very extensive i thought about creating a very simple web page where we could track the deletable, the undeletable and the untested files, so the post doesn't gets too big to read. What you think guys?
this would be nice! btw, would it be possible to include notes on files that will be removed so as to warn users if certain windows components require it? thanks! ;)

Hi people! Just to make sure there aren't obsolete files in the installation source:

Does anyone know a easy-to-use program that can compare 2 (or more) text files, creating a new text file with the intersection of them? And a program that can archive in a text file all the file names and extensions of a directory?

Edited by andregcasal

Maybe some are needed and some don't...

What you have to say about this Antonio_King? Could you sucessfully boot to Windows without those files?

As for the project name... I like simple things, so nothing simpler than "Lite Windows" :D

Edited by andregcasal

Hum, you could end up having to add like... 10 or more *.nls files... Which means that you have to do 10 (or more) compilations of Windows and 10 (or more) tests :P Hope not ;) Good luck!

Edited by andregcasal

Hello.. i used the lastsession.ini provided on the first post. after the installation.. i got this 0x80070002 said microsoft could not find license key or something like that.. cant get in to window.. thought it was my problem. so i re nlite it again.. and install.. the same problem .

Hi all :)

I want to let you guys know that I'm working on 2 projects right now, a XP CD and the Multi Boot DVD Guide on my signature, and as so, this project will be on pause for me, for now. Nonetheless I'll be watching this topic closely and answer to all the questions you may have. You can still test for new files that can be deleted and I'll update the 1st post with them ;)

See you :hello:

• 2 months later...