current state of the install PICS INSIDE

Ok here goes I've finaly got the whole thing working accept for sun java. That is rather minor for now. I wanted to share the pics I do have.

Tomarrow I'll post my updated scripts for slipstreaming hotfixes and also for the two cd install.

I have replaced the old pics with new ones. The new ones are numbered 3.1 - 3.7 so if you dont see those then the site has not updated them yet.

The old ones will give you an idea of how it looks though. Just come back in about 30 minutes if they have not updated yet.

http://community.webshots.com/album/88765910NgOtEo

I converted most of my stuff to the inf method within 30 minutes or so (although I do tend to lose track of time when working on things like this...), although there are a few things that need some debugging (IE: typos I've made that have caused stuff to not install).

BTW, webmedic, have you figured out how to install .msi stuff yet? (either during gui setup or on the first boot--where guirunonce stuff is run)

yes I can laod msi files and make them install. This can be done from cmdlines.txt and also from guirunonce. They are not so pretty as they leave a cmd box open while installing and there is no way to get rid of it that i have found or else it aborts the install. The cmd box does not do anything it is just a blank blax box but still i would like to hide it.

The only thing i have had an issue with is install shield programs. You have to load them through a batch file still but that you can hide so it does not look so bad.

For some reason though even using the proper iss fiels i cant get autoinstall stuff to work properly. but then i had isues wiht those using just plain old batch files. Im thinking to maybe wrap them in a different installer that I can then use to install with.

On a side note I also have set up scripts to only install the ati controle panle and nvidia sound controle panle if the drivers are installed and I let the installer do the drivers automaticly. It works out quite nice. amd you dont get drivers a bunch of controle panles you dont want.

Hmmm the tool your using looks interesting :)

Install XP? Where did you find it?

yes this is all mine. I have a few reg hack inf's that i created way back for windows 98 then i converted them to xp but i had never released them. When i found this I thought it would be perfect for this use so I tried it and it worked.

If anybody would like I can release the reghack inf's. They make it so that they will show up under ad remove programs. If you dont like a specific reghack just go uninstall it.

ok no problem let me tidy up I have a few small bits to work out yet . Nothing big but I want it as perfect as I can get it. I'll test another install this morning and then most likely release.

Like i want to get sun java to install. I think everything else is done though. After two or three weeks of work on it. Also to note the ati and nividia controle panle installers need more testing. I have only tested on virtual pc so far which has niether.

well to be true it's not as bad as me but no were near as stable as my linux boxen. I have to admit here though that I'm working on this becasue I have customers that want xp so I figured why not customize it from the factory.