Advise on Network Tweaks section

coucou

Hi,

Im using nLite 1.2RC.

I've a small (4 PCs) wireless network working fine. All what i want is to quick accessing and sharing files and printer within the workgroup (i've no domain).

Do anyone can advise what option to check on Network Tweaks section or other section.

In fact, actually after a fresh Unattended WinXP + appz on 2 computers, both can not access to the SharedDocs workgroup neighbor although the firewall is disabled (see image bellow).

Regards

coucou

Edited by coucou

I've tried with and without addons... same problem.

i've NO errors during the nLite process and No error during the UA installation. I've checked my CD, there is NO errors.

BTW, everything gone just fine, I just looking for the nework tweaks.

Regards

coucou

I too have a similar problem - I can find the computer in the workgroup - but cannot access it - it is a permissions problem (access denied). There are active shares on the computer but I cannot figure out how to solve this situation......any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

ManiakNZ

I too have a similar problem - I can find the computer in the workgroup - but cannot access it - it is a permissions problem (access denied). There are active shares on the computer but I cannot figure out how to solve this situation......any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

ManiakNZ

Have you tried setting up the user account you use on PC one (the pc you are trying to connect from) on the machines you want to connect to?

That usually helps for me .... Interestingly enough, I never thought about blaiming Nlite for these problems.. been so long since I have used a vanilla ver of XP so can't even remember if I had the same problem then...

Have you tried setting up the user account you use on PC one (the pc you are trying to connect from) on the machines you want to connect to?

That usually helps for me .... Interestingly enough, I never thought about blaiming Nlite for these problems.. been so long since I have used a vanilla ver of XP so can't even remember if I had the same problem then...

As far as i'm concerned, my user account is "Administrator" and i didn't setup it yet.

Frankly, i don't know what to setup except enabling rhe share folders and printers.

Any suggestion be welcome.

coucou

Do any of you have trouble with Internet explorer 6 or your internet connection being unresponsive when you first get online?

I only use IE but whenever my girlfriends wired PC gets online its almost like it needs to warm up and takes a while to get a page to appear even though we have an IP. Same goes with the network although I dont have this error pop up.

My wireless machine seems to have a simular problem but you dont wait nearly as long.

Edited by Madhits45

Do any of you have trouble with Internet explorer 6 or your internet connection being unresponsive when you first get online?
I don't know if it is a IE trouble. In fact, the first IE connexion take about a 40 sec to be connected, the next instantly.

Let come back to our MAIN problem.

Is there anyhow to to access and share files and printer within the workgroup (i've no domain)?

Regards

coucou

Edited by coucou

Can you ping the machine ?

Maybe a firewall is blocking traffic. This often happens as Netbios is a real security problem.

Maybe something on the distant machine ?

Open a cmd prompt and type "netstat -an" in on both machines : do you see ports 135/137/138/139, 445 ?

Maybe you can borrow a laptop to a friend and try connecting to your shares with it.

Edited by Camarade_Tux