boot.ini issues

Lost Soul

hi ive recently created my new unattended disk because i now have 2 pc's one with a dual core cpu and the other a single core

well any ways,, ive added my altered boot screens for both with the methods described in the guide by msfn

and this was my bootscreen.cmd file

FOR /F "tokens=3 delims=  " %%A IN (\'REG QUERY "HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Session Manager\Environment" /v NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS\') DO SET NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS=%%A

bootcfg /copy /D "Windows XP Professional" /ID 1
if %NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS%==2 goto DUAL
REM ----For Single proc
bootcfg /RAW "/Kernel=singkrnl.exe" /A /ID 2
goto End
:DUAL
REM ----For Multiprocess/Hyperthread proc
bootcfg /RAW "/Kernel=dualkrnl.exe" /A /ID 2
:End
bootcfg /Timeout 0
bootcfg /Default /ID 2

well the problem here is now when i restart each pc, i get the screen for a few seconds asking which operating system would i like to boot into,, and it gives me 2 choices

now this screen really shouldnt pop up,, should it ?

and i go to my msconfig and click on boot.ini i notice thats theres a extra line that i believe is causing this

well the one thats working with the single processor,, is called windows xp professional

the other line is one that says microsoft windows xp professional,, and it has no kernal in that line

im not sure how to remove this line, because i cant find the boot.ini file any where on my pcs,, but yet i can find a backup of the boot.ini which is located in a pss folder

any ideals on what i could do to fix this ???

thank you for pointing that out,,

so your saying just remove the copy line and it should be alright for next time ?

edit.. well i deleted id 1 and it put me back to my old untouched boot screen,, strange i thought that was the right one to delete,,

Edited by Lost Soul

So what happens when you delete ID2?

Have you found the boot.ini yet?

naa never found the boot.ini but as for testing on deleteing the id 2 well that one works like a charm after i do that,, its strange how they reversed the id's,, atleast thats what it seems,, so now i realy am not sure on how to alter the cmd file and keep it working,, yes i could simply remove the copy command line but will that keep its functions intact