Never install PC-Cillin on your machine...

Guys, if you have PC-Cillin 2002 or 2003, don't even bother installing it...My complimentary subscription expired today and I was unable to uninstall the program AUTOMATICALLY...I had to go all over the registry deleting and backing up keys! :rolleyes:

This is what I had to do to uninstall PC-Cillin 2002 manually... :)

Its hell!

Well, lucky for me, I had a version of NAV laying around! :D Works better than PC-Cillin! :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guys, if you have PC-Cillin 2002 or 2003, don't even bother installing it...My complimentary subscription expired today and I was unable to uninstall the program AUTOMATICALLY...I had to go all over the registry deleting and backing up keys!

This is what I had to do to uninstall PC-Cillin 2002 manually... 

Its hell!

Well, lucky for me, I had a version of NAV laying around!  Works better than PC-Cillin! 

Ooopsy :) We installed dat on the College Network .... Blah o well lol

• 2 weeks later...

I've used PC-cillin for almost 3 years now on machines I don't even own anymore. I've never had a single problem with it. I've used it on pretty much everything: Win95, Win98, WinME, Win2k, WinXP, and Win2k3 (with a hacked MSI file). I've never once had a problem with it.

This of course, might be that I have a legal serial for it, but I doubt it.

If however, you DO install PC-cillin, I'd choose to NOT install the Personal Firewall. Anything the personal firewall can do, you can setup the IP Security Policies in Win2k/XP/2k3 to do.