Version Info request

NtegrA

Since you are adding an entry to Add/Remove Programs, would you mind adding version information as well? Or is it available elsewhere after a finished build? I'm falling all over myself trying to keep up with troubleshooting what's working here and what's not (I think I'm running duplicate runs at times :blink: DOI).

Hello

you cant either edit HFslipXXX.cmd

look for ECHO/>WORK\HFREGWU.TXT [HFSLIPREG] and you'll find just below the add/remove entry

Or you can edit SOURCESS\I386\HFSLIPWU.INF look for [HFSLIPREG] and edit the entry :)

Hello

you cant either edit HFslipXXX.cmd

look for ECHO/>WORK\HFREGWU.TXT [HFSLIPREG] and you'll find just below the add/remove entry

Or you can edit SOURCESS\I386\HFSLIPWU.INF look for [HFSLIPREG] and edit the entry :)

Are you suggesting that I should edit the CMD?

Then I need to remember to do so on each new build I download....nope not gonna happen. Sorry but that's kinda retarded :P especially if I F something up.

Are you telling me that it's already being done?

I'm talking about on a completed up and running XP system, going into add/remove and seeing "HFSLIP Total Slipstream" along with the version of the CMD that I built the system with.

i you just want to edit your actual configuration just do it via regedit

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\windows\current version\Uninnstall

or you can create a reg file (that you have to edit each time, or create via a batch file) witch modifies the reg key invoved...

you can also create a batch file that parses thes hfslipXXx.cmd file to add the version on the line i show you just before :)

But MY point is, I shouldn't HAVE to do any of that.

What happens when my drive crashes 7 months from now and I forget that I added that function through a batch file somewhere.

What happens if someone else says, "hey that's a nice idea". They have to be responsible to do the same possibly screwing something up? Always remember KISS. :P