Vista slow after game

kartel

I noticed that on one of my machines but couldn't get it to duplicate on the others I tried, I was using FEAR too. All my machines which all have the same MB and ATI vid cards (800Pro's), except the one machine that exhibited the symptoms you describe which has an Nvidia card (GeForce 7900). Vid driver issue maybe???

I play some online games like FEAR and after I exit the game, Vista is slow to respond and the desktop takes a bit to return, anyone else notice that? :unsure:

it's a common effect when ram is all filled up and pagefile is used, when exiting an app or game it takes some time to unload data from that pagefile. This happens to me very often and it is very annoying, adding more ram will help a lot.

I can second that statement - on 1GB of RAM, I find Vista's speed to be lacking at times (and it usually corresponds to high RAM utilization). When I add another 1GB of RAM, all of those issues dissipate (Vista Ultimate will gladly eat 1.5GB of RAM at idle).

I can second that statement - on 1GB of RAM, I find Vista's speed to be lacking at times (and it usually corresponds to high RAM utilization). When I add another 1GB of RAM, all of those issues dissipate (Vista Ultimate will gladly eat 1.5GB of RAM at idle).

It does?

vistascreen093im8.th.gif

Well, Vista does play with memory some, but I don't think this is a memory issue. All of my machines have 4GB of ram and while I don't notice the issue on the machines with the ATI vid cards, I do see it on the one machine with the Nvidia card. All are running Vista RC2, except for the one that I refomatted and put the Vista server on.