[Release] Microsoft Windows Defender v1.1.1593.0

johndoe74

Microsoft Windows Defender v1.1.1593.0 [now with updated scan engine & definitions]

Windows Defender is a free program that helps protect your computer against pop-ups, slow performance, and security threats caused by spyware and other unwanted software. It features Real-Time Protection, a monitoring system that recommends actions against spyware when it's detected and minimizes interruptions and helps you stay productive. Now with 2 free support incidents for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003.

Addon compatible with Windows XP (Service Pack 2) and above. Utilizes both both SVCPACK & RUNONCE to install

Language:: English

File Size :: 7.27 MB (7,620,496 Bytes)

MD5 :: 9CE3014F7009CED475ED9AFB57589966

Main :: Esnips

Mirror :: Box.net

Mirror :: Filefront

Addon compatible with Windows 2000 (and above). Utilizes both both SVCPACK & RUNONCE to install

File Size :: 7.27 MB (7,620,274 Bytes)

MD5 :: 283AB97965A400E565C0E41197FA2273

Addon compatible with Windows 2000. Installs via SVCPACK!

File Size :: 7.27 MB (7,618,944 Bytes)

MD5 :: F2356D3E5310C64D8C8DC0E2DFA83718

Addon compatible with Windows XP (Service Pack 2) and above. Utilizes both both SVCPACK & RUNONCE to install

Language: Spanish

File Size :: 7.27 MB (7,624,674 Bytes)

MD5 :: 9D0284CE2C45FC01166314B1918E725D

Language: Italian

File Size :: 7.27 MB (7,622,446 bytes)

MD5 :: B326E773B3EA7A0E87A2755727F94D43

Mirror :: FileFront

Features common to all addons: Now includes an updated scan engine [v1.1.2704.0 from 06.28.2007] and updated definitions [v1.20.2827.11 from 08.04.2007]

Edited by johndoe74

You can use Orca to edit the MSI and go to the 'ConteolEvent' in the left hand pane, in the right hand pane click on "Order" at the top to sort it for easier viewing... Scroll down to under the "Dialog" look for "InstallWelcome" and in the same row under the "Control" column look for the word "next", once you're looking at that row you should see "CheckWGA" under the "Argument" column, change this to "LicenseAgreement" (Case sensitive), no go to "LicenseAgreement" section and look for the "Back" control and change "CheckWGA" to "InstallWelcome", save and quit...

This skips the whole WGA step and installs it properly....

Why did I bypass the WGA? I incorporate Windows Defender into my my WPI installs of XP, and I do installs on machines which sometimes can't be activated over the phone, so rather than activate over the phone THEN install Windows Defender, this allows defender to be installed before I activate XP, so it gets installed properly on the first run....

Edited by Nakatomi2010

sorry, no kind of hacking performed on the add-on. everything is stock. i already had the WGA patch KB892130 installed so Defender and IE7 both installed fine

i dont even think hacked addons are allowed on this forum. right ZC ?

Edited by johndoe74

@johndoe74

nope no hacked mods allowed as far as i know

the closes thing to hacked "" mods i done is unpacking them like the OOO ( openoffice) or unpacking them from there install due to the no support for silent install

and @ Nakatomi2010

if you had a problem like that report it so that someone can check it out

or fire off a pm ... its that easy

Edited by ZcWorld

• 2 months later...

I have added this addon to my custom xp with nlite but it doesn't install... when xp starts it's not present. if I manually launch it from installation cd (\i386\svcpack\defender.exe) the silent setup start and after few seconds it's installed and working... why ? (i don't have WGA installed on that copy of xp... maybe this is the reason?)

Edited by Josef1975

I have added this addon to my custom xp with nlite but it doesn't install... when xp starts it's not present. if I manually launch it from installation cd (\i386\svcpack\defender.exe) the silent setup start and after few seconds it's installed and working... why ? (i don't have WGA installed on that copy of xp... maybe this is the reason?)

yes, i got the same problem. the problem can be solved by installing it using runoneceExe .. no WGA required, just make sure your windows is genuine. thats all. use windowsdefender.msi /passive /norestart

• 1 month later...

it works fine with /passive /norestart switches :)

just a note:

is it possible to avoid the main defender windows popping up after installation?

is it possible to make trayicon always shows as default setting (original setting is to show only if actions needed)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...