nlite infected by 180solutions ? Youre kidding !

retox

Usually these cry wolf threads only last about half a dozen or so posts. I suggest we go back to that. There are enough people here, myself included, that have enough experience with malicious software of all kinds that we can easily put this bed now.

String him up for all to see..

Good lord.. So hes a lil full of pride and made a mistake.. No need to murder him and his family and burn his house down. Or is MSFN the new mafia and Nuhi the Godfather.

LOL

Edited by Madhits45

got the installer from retox, installed nlite...

clean install on my second drive where nlite had never been installed before

Bit Defender Plus v10, latest virii definitions, didn't alert at all during installation process,

and while running nlite.

same with The Cleaner - no alert about any trojan.

same with AdAware SE Pro - nothing found.

scanned again with Bit Defender with "deep scan", memory scan and for rootkits and malware - nothing wrong either.

also - during setup and while running - nlite never attempted to call anywhere.

my firewall didn't alert that it's trying to connect through internet.

the only registry entry i found was "uninstall" nlite.

no trace of "sudoku" and other suspicious entries.

check the registry for the word "sudoku"

nLite installs sudoku software on my machine?

Sweeeeeeetttt!!!!! I love sudoku puzzles!!! They rock!

UPDATE!!!!

I have also scanned my registry for any entries labeled, "solitaire" and "FreeCell".

Looks like this is worse then we thought. It appears it installs all types of fun games on my computer now.

Shame on norton for not picking this up.

check the registry for the word "sudoku"

nLite installs sudoku software on my machine?

Sweeeeeeetttt!!!!! I love sudoku puzzles!!! They rock!

UPDATE!!!!

I have also scanned my registry for any entries labeled, "solitaire" and "FreeCell".

Looks like this is worse then we thought. It appears it installs all types of fun games on my computer now.

Shame on norton for not picking this up.

HA HA ... I have fallen from my chair!!!!!!!

Regshot 1.7

Comments:

Datetime:2006/10/25 00:47:03 , 2006/10/25 00:47:27

Computer:

Username:

----------------------------------

Keys added:1

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\nLite_is1

Values added:21

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\nLite_is1\Inno Setup: Setup Version: "5.1.7"

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\nLite_is1\Inno Setup: App Path: "C:\Program Files\nLite"

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\nLite_is1\InstallLocation: "C:\Program Files\nLite\"

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\nLite_is1\Inno Setup: Icon Group: "nLite"

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\nLite_is1\Inno Setup: User: "xxx"

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\nLite_is1\Inno Setup: Setup Type: "custom"

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\nLite_is1\Inno Setup: Selected Components: "main"

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\nLite_is1\Inno Setup: Deselected Components: "languages"

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\nLite_is1\Inno Setup: Selected Tasks: ""

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\nLite_is1\Inno Setup: Deselected Tasks: "desktopicon"

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\nLite_is1\DisplayName: "nLite 1.2 RC"

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\nLite_is1\DisplayIcon: "C:\Program Files\nLite\nLite.exe"

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\nLite_is1\UninstallString: ""C:\Program Files\nLite\unins000.exe""

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\nLite_is1\QuietUninstallString: ""C:\Program Files\nLite\unins000.exe" /SILENT"

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\nLite_is1\DisplayVersion: "1.2 RC"

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\nLite_is1\Publisher: "Dino Nuhagic (nuhi)"

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\nLite_is1\URLInfoAbout: "http://www.nliteos.com"

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\nLite_is1\HelpLink: "http://www.nliteos.com"

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\nLite_is1\URLUpdateInfo: "http://www.nliteos.com"

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\nLite_is1\NoModify: 0x00000001

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\nLite_is1\NoRepair: 0x00000001

Edited by minigun

minigun, good point, Inno installer is the thing that anti-virus or whatever is detecting wrongly, please someone report it.

Anyway I'm not that offended or anything but I'm not glad to see that you attacked the guy...so gotta close this topic.