It's not happening, help please

I believe I've done everything correct, but it prompts me for questions during install, here is what I have:

; Generated by nLite 1.2 RC

[Data]

AutomaticUpdates="No"

Autopartition=0

MsDosInitiated=0

UnattendedInstall="Yes"

[unattended]

UnattendMode=FullUnattended

UnattendSwitch="Yes"

OemPreinstall="Yes"

OemSkipEula="Yes"

FileSystem=*

WaitForReboot="No"

NoWaitAfterTextMode=1

NoWaitAfterGUIMode=1

DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

NonDriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

Hibernation="No"

[Display]

BitsPerPel=32

[systemRestore]

DisableSR=1

CreateFirstRunRp=0

[GuiUnattended]

EncryptedAdminPassword="No"

AutoLogon="Yes"

AdminPassword=*

TimeZone=035

OEMSkipRegional=1

OemSkipWelcome=1

[shell]

DefaultStartPanelOff="Yes"

[Components]

[userData]

ProductKey="XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX"

ComputerName=MONEY

FullName="Money"

[RegionalSettings]

LanguageGroup=1

Language= "0409"

[Networking]

InstallDefaultComponents="Yes"

[WindowsFirewall]

Profiles=WindowsFirewall.TurnOffFirewall

[WindowsFirewall.TurnOffFirewall]

Mode=0

[identification]

JoinWorkgroup="WORKGROUP"

- Autopartition=0

Unless you set Repartition = YES, you'll get prompted for partitioning during setup.

- FileSystem=*

As iTwins pointed out, this value must be set. I'd suggest ConvertNTFS, but LeaveAlone will still result in an NTFS volume if Autopartition = 1 and/or Repartition = YES

- [Display]

- BitsPerPel=32

This may not affect your ability to unattendedly install, but I would suggest setting the other values here under Display as well (XResolution, YResolution, and VRefresh)

- [userData]

- ProductKey="XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX"

- ComputerName=MONEY

- FullName="Money"

You're missing the OrgName value, which will result in a prompt during setup for the organization value.

Not every entry in the answer file is needed for a complete unattended install.

It would be more to the point if you say what questions are prompted during install.

If you don't start from a FAT32 formatted HD you don't need FileSystem entry at all.

BTW, this is a mytery. It never works on its own in my tests. I suspect nLite actually removes some components or add the reg tweaks to disable SR and not this entry which actually disables SR.

[systemRestore]

DisableSR=1

CreateFirstRunRp=0

Edited by Takeshi

Thanks, but before I go and mess up another CD, even if some fields are left out, isn't this suppose to at least fill out the ones that I placed automatically?

Why are you thinking in terms of messing up another CD? Why not use cd-rw media? In 2000 I bought 30 cd-rw disks in US @ $1.00 a piece when regular media cost around $1.50 here in India. Even now I am reusing them. Of course they are slow & only 650 mb. I also have the newer 700 mb 12x media. Once my cd is finalised I burn it to one of the old ones.

Edited by pmshah

Thanks, but before I go and mess up another CD, even if some fields are left out, isn't this suppose to at least fill out the ones that I placed automatically?

I would then suggest using Virtual Server 2005 or VMWare Server 1.0.1 and build these CDs as .iso's, test in the virtual environment of your choice until it works, then burn to CD.

No wasted media :).

I would then suggest using Virtual Server 2005 or VMWare Server 1.0.1 and build these CDs as .iso's, test in the virtual environment of your choice until it works, then burn to CD.

No wasted media :).

VMWare or similar are really slow and using CD-RWs is a complete drag.

And seeing as blank CDs are dirt cheap you're better off using them even if you end up wasting a load, it's not going to cost much and you'll get things sorted out a lot quicker than the other methods.

Thanks for all the help. It seems to be working right. I never thought about the CDRW thing, I have a couple lying around, but in the nine years I've had a burner, I have never used one or thought about it. Considering this thing, I might try it out in the future.

Philster, what do you mean CD-RWs are complete drags.

Takeshi, I was being prompted for the name, organization, and serial. But I guess because I didn't have the organization it was prompting me for the rest.

Still going to do a couple more tests, but seems good for now.