Next Release?

nightwolf81

I am a long time user of NLite (and support the whole Unattended Installer Community as I can)

I just really really wish that this Site had a Estimated Day of next release (so I can stop doing a Build to find once it's burnt to dvd that a new version has just come out with new features/fixes)

Also I guess everyone is waiting to see who will win the race to make IE7 integratable (REPLACE IE6) and my bet is NLite.

I know everyone puts in as much time as they can and my guess is Mediaplayer 11 is whats stopping NLite release (so it'll go in too) I am probablly wrong!

I gotta brain clot trying to remember all the post Nlite mod/s and tweaks (I might write a list and post it here for future developments to Nlite)!

Gotta go now

Bye :)

The other reason I ask is I've recentally gotten the 'msobshel.htm' asking to save or open when I use v1.2RC. . . NOOOO it's not caused by somthing I've done. . . it's not a hotfix or a addon. . .Straight out it's Nlite1.2RC!!!! I know for cirtain as I can use NLite 1.0.1 and not get this error/problem (somethings changed and I don't know what)!!

Anyway I'll downgrade to 1.0.1 and build my release seeing as not even the makes or NLite know when they'll finnish. . . LOL. . . And as they are not addmitting that somthing they are doing has changed people Builds I'll keep in mind that this problem might still exists in the next release anyway!!! :whistle:

Actually I do agree that a sticky post of the projected timescale for the next release would be a good idea. It would stop all the "when is the next version going to be released" questions and while "when it's done" is an answer, it's not a very helpful answer is it?

That is right, estimated time make people nervous, especially developers and it could result in mistakes, but on the other hand I would not mind to see something like nLite will be released before 2007. By the way, about WMP 11, I have integrated it and it works fine, so far I miss only IE7 Final, well lets just wait for the nLite Final. ;)

Edited by TheTOM_SK

*Arranges to have 10 cents magically given to self when a topic about next nLite version is found*

*Searches*

WHAAHAHHAHAAHAAAA I'm richer than Gates! Microsoft is MINE! :lol:

Edited by Jeremy

Nuhi

Hi,

if you mean will I give up on nLite when Vista support starts the answer is no, I like nLite and it will be still useful years to come.

Final 1.2 is out this monday.

(for others no I'm not the Kitty )

can't beat this for an answer. . .

Ok money people place money on the fact the Mediaplayer final will go on with no hickups! lol!

I know I downgraded to 1.0.1 but I am too excited this month and next month from all the new stuff to look at and decide to slipstream/addon. . . ONE I'M NOT INCLUDING is that usless annoying ugly slow and horriable icon (DEFENDER)! I'll just fend that off if ever it becomes a critical update (worse for the system than most spyware)!! did I mention how ugly it is (and unstable and the usless amounts of downloads it needs)!! hmmmmm some people like it. . I am no one then!

theres my 2 cents feel free to comment I'll be back in 5!. . . hours :sneaky: