uxtheme.dl_ hacked !

I'm still curious how he got the the uxtheme.dll to work? Either he cracked the digital signature or? It's that or part that is interesting since I dont think he seriously cracked the digital sig. You know though I wonder if the digiatl sig can be faked somehow. Oh well htis will save me much much work trying to get the cd yanked during graphical install was killing me.

UXTHEME.dll, when hacked, allows you to use unsigned themes (like the ones that are default in WinXP), so all you have to do is unzip the theme to

%systemroot%\Resources\Themes, then you can select it from the "Appearance" menu.

So does this mean I can download themes from those other skinner 3rd party apps and use their skins without the apps. WindowsXP will be able to read and apply correctly?

if so, interesting...once more! :)

UXTHEME.dll, when hacked, allows you to use unsigned themes (like the ones that are default in WinXP), so all you have to do is unzip the theme to

%systemroot%\Resources\Themes, then you can select it from the "Appearance" menu.

So does this mean I can download themes from those other skinner 3rd party apps and use their skins without the apps. WindowsXP will be able to read and apply correctly?

if so, interesting...once more! :)

You can use the ones written for StyleXP. Check www.ThemeXP.org

I don't think you can use the ones made for progs like WindowsBlinds or whatever it's called.

hmm. The theme service is enabled by default. Check your registry tweaks file to see if you added a theme service disable key by accident, or you probably used a DefaultThemesOff = Yes in the [shell] section in winnt.sif

I just ran a beyond compare between the uxtheme.dll extrracted from this file and the one installed on my pc and patched in the normal!! way.

There is a very small 2 character change, i dont now what that is but its so small i doubt there could be anything dodgy in it.