Intel Raid & WinXP PRO

rojanu

Hi everyone!

I have been trying to install XP PRO to SATA RAID on intel ICH7 DH F6 method does not work after formatting it complains about not finding iastor.sys. So I slipstreamed the drivers from the driverpacks.net which allowed me to install XP PRO.

Now I cannot boot into Windows, Windows logo will appear then it will just hang there, I can boot into Safe Mode just fine, however I can't even boot into Safe Mode wiht Networking I even tried to disable everything from msconfig still it did not work

My Mobo is ASUS P5DL2-VM DH http://uk.asus.com/products4.aspx?l1=3&amp...amp;modelmenu=1

Thanks from now.

Check your motherboard's BIOS to see if it allows disabling AHCI.

Some motherboards or some models such as Dell's Precision and Latitude series have a setting in the BIOS that you can disable AHCI or something about "Compatibility Mode". Once disabled, the SATA controller will act like a normal IDE. You can install your OS normally without the need for cumbersome drivers. Once you have completedly installed the OS, you can then install your SATA drivers and go back to the BIOS to enable AHCI again.