Install Error unable to copy Sata Drivers?

ner

Hi I am having a problem running an unattended install on a system running "Intel 82801GR/GH Sata Raid Controller", Windows boots Ok and finds the required files on the Floppy disk (I did not press F6 windows found the drivers on the floppy disk itself), after formatting the hard drive it started to try an copy the Sata Raid Drivers from th floppy and then reported an error saying its unable to copy...

Looking these these forums i can see reference to changing the "TXTSETUP.SIF" and does anyone know if nlite will do all this form us, as its a little confusing to understand and i was just wondering if nlikte could save me the time?

:whistle:

I had the exact same problem, though I believe the reason to be the "Oem preinstall" is set to On, or Enabled, try disabling it in Nlite, and se if it don't help.

If you use the help icon to the right of the option "Oem preinstall" in Nlite, it also specifies

"However, if you load RAID/SATA drivers from a floppy disk during the 'F6' method then you must disable this or you'll get a corrupted sys file message when loading the drivers."

Edited by pzych0

I use the same chipset as you .

What I recommend is that Using nlite to slipstream the drivers into the setup source. It works perfectly for me.

But one more thing, If you are to create a multi-boot CD/DVD, don't forget to modify the DOSNET.INF file after you slipstream sata drivers, just before you create a distributed setup source using winnt32.exe.

The modification is to add a line of "d1,iaStor.sys" to the [FloppyFiles.0] section of the DOSNET.INF. If you don't do this, when you create a distributed setup, winnt32.exe won't copy the iaStor.sys to your Boot folder, thus you will get a "Cannot copy iaStor.sys..." error during text-mode setup. Seems nlite forgets this small but very important point..

Edited by Rico.JohnnY

I have now got my files ready to copy into the TXTSETUP.SIF file and have once last question, can i just copy and past the below at the end of the current TXTSETUP.SIF or do i need to inject the data into each current heading, and if so does it have to be in any particuar line...

here is the details i have:

[sourceDisksFiles]

iaStor.sys = 100,,,,,,3_,4,1,,,1,4

[HardwareIdsDatabase]

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27C3&CC_0104 = "iaStor"

[sCSI.load]

iaStor = iaStor.sys,4

[scsi]

iaStor = "Intel® 82801GR/GH SATA RAID Controller (Desktop ICH7R/DH)"

I have also created a CAB file now called iastor.sy_ copied to I386 folder..

Also here is the pnp driver bit for my winnt.sif:

OemPnPDriversPath="Drivers\SATA_RAID;Drivers\000_intel_INF;Drivers\001_Intel_LAN;

Drivers\002_Intel_WLAN;Drivers\003_Nvidia;Drivers\004_TV

;Drivers\005_Sound;Drivers\006_Monitor;Drivers\007_HP_Media;Drivers\008_Keyboard"

DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

Should i change the SATA_RAID to 000_SATA_RAID and then follow on from here with the numbers or is it ok to leave as it is?

:blink:

Edited by ner