[Tips] Install Skype without IEplugin and google tool bar

Rico.JohnnY

Skype's "Skype for Business" version is flexible. It will install IEPlugin and FFPlugin by default, but this can be prevented using switches in the silent installation:

(I noticed these switches in the "Condition" table using Orca)

msiexec /i SkypeSetup.msi FEATURE_IEPLUGIN=0 FEATURE_FFPLUGIN=0 /qb!

Skype does not run automatically after a silent installation, but it does automatically run after a full UserInterface installation.

If you want, you can edit SkypeSetup.msi using Orca

EDIT: (Shark has a recent version of Orca at Shark's repository):

To stop Skype from running after installation, search for "StartSkype" (without quotes)

- Delete this entry in the "InstallExecuteSequence" table

- Delete this entry in the "Property" table

To stop Skype from running on System Startup, search for "CurrentVersion\Run" (without quotes)

- Delete this entry in the "Registry" table

The msi UILevel property is set to 5 for a full UserInterface installation

(lower numeric values are used for silent, basic-UI, and reduced-UI installations)

To stop installation of plugins in silent mode,

- Add " OR UILevel<5" (without quotes) to both entries in the "Condition" table

Attached is my AutoIt script that does all this for me, hopefully it will still work with next Skype version.

Read the comments inside the script to see links to my dependencies.

MakeBusVer.au3

Edited by beeker

The MSI version of skype that i created was never offered on my repository.

I made it available on Ryan's board with a rapidshare url.

That's cool. I edited my post because I meant to point people to your version of Orca. Hope you don't mind (love your work).

Thanks.

Skype seems to release new versions frequently and it's possible to customize their msi installer "Skype for Business" using Orca. Their Inno Setup version is a pain to customize.

That's cool. I edited my post because I meant to point people to your version of Orca. Hope you don't mind (love your work).

Thanks.

You're Welcome.

I've had a few PM's asking for that msi from my repository and only today realized this thread was causing the PM's.

shark

• 4 weeks later...

Now with Skype Business version 3.1.32.144 out I had to modify my AutoIt script to fix bug with preventing IEPlugin install.

Requirements:

- After downloading SkypeSetup.msi use Universal Extractor to extract it to a folder.

- Install Orca

- Put upx.exe in System path or script directory

- Put RunHiddenConsole.exe in script directory

- Put 7za.exe (command line version of 7-zip) in System path or script directory

- Put 7zS.sfx and config.txt modified per http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=67 in script directory

- config.txt contains: RunProgram="RunHiddenConsole.exe /w msiexec /i setup.msi /qb!"

The attached AutoIt script will use the above files to modify the Skype msi and create a 7-zip switchless silent installer of Skype Business version.

- disables IEPlugin and FFPlugin

- removes Toolbars

- does not run Skype after installation

- disables Skype autorun on system boot. If you want this enabled, then remove this text from the script: And Not StringInStr($line,"CurrentVersion\Run")

The next thing I need to do is try to get the AutoIt script run Universal Extractor on the downloaded Skype Business installer for me. It's fun having scripts do repetitive tasks, takes a lot of testing up front though.

Beeker

MakeSilentSkypeBusiness.au3