cannot delete folders created via FTP

Just question... have u tried running scandisk on drivers? i know microsoft's scandisk isn't best but works mostly,

TIP BELOW REQUERS ADMIN PRIVIL!

-------------------------------------------

if that don't work then get PowerQuest PartionMagic 8 and remove partion then create it again!

sad thing is that windows is very bad on fixing this kind of problems, and it's very good on causing them also lol :) , but anyway, try any of these tips i gave!

• 2 weeks later...

RandoMaze FTP Problem...

Solucion:

1.- Reebot con F8, modo prueba de fallo con prompt C:

2.- Ubique(search) la carpeta(folder) que contiene(within problem folders) las carpetas que no se pueden borrar ej.

c:\archivos\borre\ com1

--------------------\ lpt1

3.-Cambiese al directorio anterior (Change Directory)

cd c:\archivos

4.- Ejecute Remove Directory

c:\archivos>rd /s borre

NO MORE PROBLEMS (problema resuelto)

5.- Normal Reebot.

Funciona con Windows XP

Had the same problem.

Got tagged, tried everything, and I mean everything to unphuch my ftproot directory. DIR /x to view the 8.3 name format, POSIX rm.exe, and a whole suite of other deletion tricks, software, etc. Interestingly enough, I was able to move the directory, but not delete it. Whenever I would use a command prompt with DIR /x to navigate through the vandalism, I would get about four subdirectories down and it wouldn't let me cd to the next directory down (in this case, named "con"), so I couldn't get to the bottom of the tree to delete from there up. Now whatever this program did, it screwed all the permissions up, file paths, ownership, etc. Me and a buddy knocked our heads against it for quite some time, trying all sorts of things...

Here's what FINALLY got rid of the problem, after trying about every other deletion utility out there:

http://www.tritafile.com

Just drag and drop the top directory, and it jooked everything below it like it was no big deal. However, when I tried to delete the problem subdirectories with triafile, it would also give me "permission denied", had to go from the very top. Weird, to say the least, but who cares, it worked.

Good luck, this problem seems to have different solutions for every ftp victim, so this might not work, but its something else to try that worked for me.

X

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...