INF Install Failure

hk389344

Hi All,

Am new to Nlite and am seeing the following issue (I did find a thread similar but it was pretty old and didn't seem tol solve the problem).

I've created an install and all works fine until I create a new Std User. On login, I get 3 cmd windows running, the last ending with Advanced INF Install - INF Install failure. Reason: Access is denied.

At the moment the install is pretty basic (just some drivers and a new theme).

Any ideas how I can prevent this??

Thanks

I'm having the same issue with my win2k sp4 slipstream. I'm on duty tonight so I'm continuing to work on it.

What OS are you trying to "lighten up".

Things I've tried:

-XP Install works great! (difference in installations being hotfixes and OS specific Addons).

-Changing HKU to HKLM in NLITE.INF

-Removed my RunOnce settings and compiled them into an NSIS installer that registered the executables as RunOnce.

Things to try:

Remove all addons, install <~~~ If this doesn't work I'll start undoing tweaks

If this works then I'll try:

-Adding back on hotfixes

-Adding OS specific addons (DirectX, IE6, MDAC)

-Adding generic addons (Firefox, etc...)

Other posts have been quasi-helpful in understanding the problem but hopefully I can at least narrow down where the problem might lie.

OK, I got my win2k fully functional with all my addons and all the hotfixes with no errors. That was using nLite 1.0.1.

As I said before once I get a little bit more time I'll try and figure out what the differences are in the NLITE.INF (the more than likely probably cause of the error from reading other posts) and post what I've discovered.

Hi All,

I've created an install and all works fine until I create a new Std User. On login, I get 3 cmd windows running, the last ending with Advanced INF Install - INF Install failure. Reason: Access is denied.

Thanks

Apparently it's nothing to worry about. But with the 1.2RC version it doesn't happen for me. I've stopped using nLite for the moment though, as the install seems very unstable. Only lasted 2 weeks before I had to reinstall due to large number of problems. Really hope it gets better. Using slipstreamed RyanVM OS at the mo' without nLiting and it's **** stable. What's that? **** is a banned word????? :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...
lol this pic is going into archive.

hk389344, let me know if you still get that error with 1.2.1 too.

I still get this error with 1.2.1. It happens whenever I make an ISO with changes to WinXP. For example, if I just integrate a SP, no problems, but if I add tweaks, it dorks it. :o

--

Kage

• 2 weeks later...