Manually intergrate hotfixes

straytoasters

I want to manually slipstream post SP2 hotfixes into the source files. I know about Nlite, WinFuture, RyanVMs, and such, but I really do want to do this manually. So far I can't get the hotfixes to extract/install to the correct directory. I put all my windows CD contents in a folder called "XP_working" and the hotfixes in a folder called "hotfixes". The two directorys are on diffferent hieracy levels (I dont figure it matters but ???). In the hotfixes directory I have a .bat that essentially is just a bunch of lines like KBhotfix#.exe /intergrate:C:\XP_working\ /passive (which is the location of the I386 directory), I could variable it to make the batch smaller, but havent gotten around to it. So far the hotfixes just install to c:\random_numbers_and_letters folder that seems to appear then go away.

Where am I going wrong...what am I doing wrong.

Straytoasters

I would think that you are actually integrating them. The process is to extract contents to your random directories then apply them. Did you check your svpack folder to see if there are files in there?

straytoasters, if the /integrate switch logic you described doesn't makes you happy, you can just rename the downloaded EXE packages to someting in 8.3 (that is KB123456.EXE and like), and create the svcpack.inf yourself (probably with /passive /o /n /z, or /q /o /n /z). The guide unattended.msfn.org explains that somewhere.

Takeshi, please read (more carefully) the link you posted before saying such things.

Without /passive, /integrate shows a dialog "integration successfull" (or like) and waits for a click.

[offtopic]And i'm very interested in an explanaion of that "thing"(?) in the From: field of your profile ?[/offtopic]

++