Can't Figure Out How To Make A LiveCD With WinPE

The Lone Programmer

Hey,

I have read over the FAQ and help files, but I am still unsure how to make a LiveCD using the OPK 2002 version that I downloaded.

Here is what I did:

1> Start the Setup Manager program

2> Choose the option 'Don't Reseal When Finished'

3> Add my Windows Disc from a directory or CD

4> Enter my OEM company

5> Enter my discs serial code

After I do all those steps it asks me to customize it. Since I just want to see it work, I skip down to the bottom and click finished. It asks me to save the file and then it asks me to input a network install location.

What do I do? Shouldn't it be making me an ISO so I can burn it to a CD? I don't want to re install windows or anything.

I do use BartPE, but I don't really care for the graphical layout that it offers. I like how pretty ERD Commander looks with its solid Windows XP look. I have used the Ultimate Boot CD 4 Windows, but it always gives me errors if I use it after I have used nLite.

What am I missing as far as setting up my Windows PE LiveCD?

Thanks,

The Lone Programmer

This all depends on what you want to try out..

Either options you've pointed out usually work quite well once you've defined your needs. For example UBC4Win will use bart's pe builder along with a huge selection of plugins - this is a very good choice for most users.

Reatogo is also a bart PE based solution, it will use a registered copy of window blinds to make windows look a bit more like XP. I think the whole problem is that XP themes can't be initiated under PE environments, thus limitating to use the classic look by default.

I'd still recommend UBCD4win for a "solid" build since it is a good tool to actually fix machines in real situations.

:)

the winpe opk is for users that understand the basic framework of windows xp and it's setup, a user say that's taken time to review all the help materials etc.

if the setup manager is too dragged out, btw, aint gonna spit out any iso no matter how hard you whack it, you might want to just use pebuilder to make your 'live' cd. best o luck.

Edited by thuun derboy