Windows Message: The system is not fully installed.

Madhits45

This is the error I get when i finsh up my install after run-once part of my install. I am using Nlite 1.2 RC and ryans RVMUpdatePack2.1.3.7z. Tried with integrator first then nlite and straight nlite. Same result.

Windows Message:

The system is not fully installed.

Please run setup again.

Here is what I believe is happening here. This is a reg error obviously. So MS has changed where one of the keys is in the registry and one of my old reg keys is breaking my system maybe. Not sure but thats what I think this error is from. Has anyone ever gotten this error with Nlite? HOW Do YOU fix it in nlite?

MS has a fix here:

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=320279

THe M$ fix is telling you to go to the registry and thats a no brainer. What I really wanna know is what reg entry do I have that might be causing this? I only have like 500 I use or something. SO finding the right one is tough. Is there an app out there that checks reg entries based on an rtm and then reports back what entry is wrong. That would be one sweet program if it was avialable.

The other possibility is that it has to do with something I have removed with nlite and thats causing this issue. I have attached my reg file and my last session.ini in hopes that someone in this great community can help.

Nlite RULES THX

LAST_SESSION.INI

LAST_SESSION.INI

REGTWEAKS2.REG

hmm it says this.

setuperr.log

Error:

Setup could not register the OLE Control C:\WINDOWS\system32\userenv.dll because of the following error:

DllInstall returned error 2147746132 (80040154).

Hmm maybe its nothing with the registry after all. What is userenv.dll?

Thanks for the response Nuhi. I also attached the setuplog.txt (rared) That might help to.

setuplog.rar

JasonGW had a problem with this same dll file here.

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=58582

However his setuperlog was much worse then mine. Has a lot more problems. There was no fix for his so not sure how helpful that is nuhi.

Does anyone have a clue what userenv.dll does? google does not reveal much.

this is the error again:

Setup could not register the OLE Control userenv.dll

Anyone know of a dot net 2.0 install that installs silent and wont cause this problem. Or does anyone know of a better way of installing dot net that I can do during svcpack or runonce? I had an older dot net 2.0 silent install and wanted the updated final one. So far I cant find one less then 20 megs (7-zip) that works.

Edited by Madhits45

Windows Message:

The system is not fully installed.

Please run setup again.

That error message sounds like your PC got shut down or rebooted in the middle of installing Windows.

If it gets shut down or rebooted in the middle of installing Windows, you're required to reformat and start over.

That's what it's supposed to mean. I dunno why .Net Framework would cause that.

Edited by RJARRRPCGP

Yep thats how it normally comes up. But honestly what is normal in windows. ha ha..

This issue I have tested 3 times on a real PC. Without the dotnet 2.0 silent install the issue does not occur. With the silent install it does. Now RyanVM also has a silent install for dotnet 2.0 and he says you must have windows installer 3 installed before. Why I dont know? I also believe ryans is a larger install. If I have to I will just go back to the last silent install that worked for runonce that is not final dotnet 2.0.

Thanks for the input here.

Can anyone point me towards a silent install of Dotnet 2.0 final that works in SFCpack or runonce? Hopefully below 20megs (7-Zip).

Madhits45, that's bad error, meaning WMI service installation failed, could be from many reasons.

In your case probably because of

[RemoveFiles]

notepad.exe

Or Services config, you put many to manual. Try default. And remove all from remove box, I may think about removing that feature as it can't remove some files from other infs like notepad is called.

Nuhi- So this may also explain why terminal services gets removed even though I want it kept. On my last run with 1.2RC I seem to lose terminal services and I can't figure out why. Last time I stumbled upon the answer way back with nlite 99.8B (I think it was that version). Anyway TC disappeared and it was because of some of the Accessibility options being removed manually.

I really like the remove feature and would hate to see it go.

Perhaps you can tell people what files are safe to put in the remove list. I put notepad because without removing it notepad 2 will conflict and I want notepad 2 to be the default out the box.

Is there any other way to remove notepad or could you add it to 1.2 final as a remove option?

I was installing dot net during runonce. Like I said I discovered that taking that dot net install out made this error go away. If there is another dot net install you can recommend I will give it a go. I have Rough spears and plan to test that tonite.

Nuhi was onto something with the remove list. I have a feeling that the remove list might be causing the issue I have with terminal services being removed. Not sure how related it is to this problem. I plan to also try to move a lot of services to default on my next install and see what that does.