Integrating IE7 in WinXP SP2 Image?

if IE7 is installed from a batch with switches during unattended setup will it ask for WGA?

If you mean the original installer, yes, it does check WGA in unattended mode (WGA has to be installed, and to report a legit install). If WGA is not installed, it won't install and you'll have an error message in the install log saying to install attended.

WGA does not need to be installed, but a legit version does.

i have tested on a non wga installation with switches /quiet /update-no /norestart with no issues

[edit]

i lied, sorry.

just finishd the build and it didn't install.

As couldn't validate the version as it probably hasn't been activated yet and as it doesn't have a net connection, this should prove rather interesting........

[/edit]

Edited by oioldman

Stop pirating

Obviously you don't have a grasp on what's being discussed or it's over your head. His issue doesn't have anything to do with pirating and has to do with validating the install during an unattended installation, which people are having a problem with all over the net including official Microsoft forums.

I am also unable to utilize the /integrate switch or find a way to install IE7 unattended into my OPK preinstall as it requires your computer to be prevalidated.

Quiet or passive installs work fine if the system is validated.

A good guy on IRC pointed out RyanVM has switchless installers:

http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3306

i have mine set as this in the F:\Image Drive\WXPVOL_EN\$OEM$\$1\Install\start.cmd file

ECHO.

ECHO Installing Injternet Explorer 7

ECHO Please wait...

start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\NetTools\ie7setup.exe

i got it from the link above and gonna give it a try this way and see what happens [ good to have a spare pc to try it on ]. since it is a switchless installer , i shouldn't need any switches at the end of the exe. he also said that it isnt silent. does that mean it's gonna have popups where i have to hit ok and such or just a progress bar at the end

looks like it worked ok, just gave a progress bar and thats it

ECHO.

ECHO Installing Injternet Explorer 7

ECHO Please wait...

start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\NetTools\ie7setup.exe

BUt wasn't it the method which takes like 5 minutes or so to install ? Not that this is an issue .. Just saying ... and also : What if you don't have an internet connection during installation ? Afaik there is no redistributable version, or is there ?

• 5 months later...