Integrating IE7 in WinXP SP2 Image?

may be it helps

X -> ur source of drive

X:\IE7_Final.exe /integrate:X:\XPCD

it will be definately helps u ,if this option is eabled in installer like previos version IE7RC

//Note : its theorytical info & not tested//

Can anyone confirm if the method detailed by neo_matrix.rs works?

Also, I use RyanVM's update packs and I was wondering If I should integrate the update pack FIRST and then IE7, or if I should do it the other way around?

Thanks in advance.

wordup48

I can't verify it yet. And as it seems now, I'm only able to verify it during the weekend or so. However, it sounds reasonable, if one was able to do it with the release candidates of IE7.

Anybody tried to modify IE7-WindowsXP-x86-enu.exe with older version of update.exe ?

If you extract update says that it doesnt support integrate from extracted archives.

Is it possible to exchange file inside those exe cab-commpressed files?

about *older beta* IE7:

abut update does NOT support /q /n /z switches, you can try place the update.exe with a older version of it, I tried extacting the update.exe file from KB873333.exe and replace it, it works fine for me without prompting for WGA, and the /q /z switches works perfect"

http://www.msfn.org/board/lofiversion/index.php/t51803.html

--------------

EDIT

After some checking I discovered that it will probably not work.

What update.exe is displaying depends on

iecustom.dll

[if you delete it update.exe /? will show integrate.etc.]

This file contains WGA check, patchs , etc.

messing with update.inf wont work [hash check]

and deleting iecustom.dll hangs instalation

changing it to different file[from some diff updates] DESTROYED my system - IE instaled partialy but many important files were overwriten and win shell didn't start [taskmenager worked so cmd, add&uninstal shortcut in one dir I had too, so I reverted system]

DO NOT DO THIS ON NOT TEST SYSTEM.

It seems we will need custom instalator.... :(

Edited by anonim1979

Had a look inside IE7, it looks like a normal Windows update. but when I tried to use my samll windows update integration tool (which is mainly an inf parser) to integrate it, I run into a problem. The IE7 inf file has a section called DynamicStrings I never seen before, it contains following entries

BRANDGUID				   = InstallPathRegistryKey,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer","BrandGUID"
DownloadedProgramFiles = CustomStringTable,DownloadedProgramFiles
ProductIDCode = CustomFunction,iecustom.dll,GetProductIDCode
SystemTools = CustomStringTable,SystemTools

those variable have to be converted to something that setupapi.dll can understand in order to integrate IE7 into Windows installation source but I've no idea how to do it. :wacko:

Hi All,

I don't know all about IE 7 Integrating. But, I'll try it if it reduces the size of my unattended xp cd. Right now I am using IE7 RC1 & IE7 Final (I tried this yesterday, works fine) through svcpack.inf method by adding few switches. My unattended xp sp 2 cd with all updates and IE7, WMP11beta2 works fine.

Sorry dude,

its my mistake, u can get this by extracting IE7 installer then use /? switch with update.exe and then u can get this and also integrate ie7 in ur XPCD

X -> ur source of drive

X:\IE7\update\update.exe /integrate:X:\XPCD

Sorry dude,

its my mistake, u can get this by extracting IE7 installer then use /? switch with update.exe and then u can get this and also integrate ie7 in ur XPCD

X -> ur source of drive

X:\IE7\update\update.exe /integrate:X:\XPCD

update.exe and the other executables inside the main installer say they support that /integrate switch, but I guess you didn't try them. You get an error message that says: "Extracted packages cannot be integrated. The /integrate switch must be used with the original software update package." And the main installer doesn't have a /integrate switch. So you can just forget about using that switch, it just WON'T integrate (that would have been useful, so MS had to disable it). Your best bet right now is a switchless silent installer. IEAK works great for this.