Internet Explorer 7 released!

Super-Magician

Thumbnail display is broken and there are no graphics in the User Accounts dialog window.

If I can't fix this, I'll let HFSLIP integrate the IE7 installer into SVCPACK. I'm a bit too busy now, though, so it'll have to wait.

• 5 weeks later...
Thumbnail display is broken and there are no graphics in the User Accounts dialog window.

If I can't fix this, I'll let HFSLIP integrate the IE7 installer into SVCPACK. I'm a bit too busy now, though, so it'll have to wait.

Is anyone still trying to resolve the thumbnail issue with IE7 from HFSLIP 1.1.0? I've got everything loaded back onto my pc and hate the thought of having to do it all over again. Thumbnails were very useful to me. Is there any way I can uninstall IE7 at this point?

There is a fix for the thumbnail issue. The bad news: you have to contact Microsoft to get it. The fixed file is shell32.dll, so if that file is in a security update or a public update in the next few weeks, I'll give it a whirl to make sure that nothing is still broken.

the_guy

There is a fix for the thumbnail issue. The bad news: you have to contact Microsoft to get it. The fixed file is shell32.dll, so if that file is in a security update or a public update in the next few weeks, I'll give it a whirl to make sure that nothing is still broken.

the_guy

can u post the kb number? thx

hi, does anybody have this fix? as my msfn page looks awful with the recross in thousands of boxes on the page.

might not fix, but i'm willing to try it as not wanting to do a re-install of everything to work out which tweak/update/app miht otherwise have broken it

thank you