Internet Explorer 7 released!

Super-Magician

Just an FYI...

The next version of HFSLIP will have the IE7 code "unlocked" for Server 2003, but it should not be used for that OS yet. During Windows setup, you'll get error dialogs every time rundll32.exe, regsvr32.exe, etc. are accessed; they basically say that you don't have permission to access those files. I don't know if there are any other problems because after clicking OK about 50 times I gave up... :D

The Server 2003 version of IE7 hasn't been updated in November like the one for XP. Maybe that's the reason.

Great work TC, I just got a good build of both Pro and Home using 1.0.4rc6. Tested both in VMWare without issue.

However, I do have one request: can we keep the older version of iernonce.dll or find a way to emulate this behavior so that things can run from RunOnceEx on first boot? I have a few things, including .Net 2.0 some registry hacks that I really want to keep automated if at all possible.

I suppose I can use that gui run thing to launch a script that will do what I need, but I'd rather keep it simple if I can.

Much thanks!

Edited by troy

IE7's iernonce.dll breaks RunOnceEx? I'd doubt that because Windows Update would've complained in that case. All the hotfix INF files are installed through RunOnceEx...

Can the IE6 version be renamed or should its name remain the same?

Where? I used both Minefield and Opera to download them again and the latest binaries are still from November 7. The 11-7 re-release (for XP) made me make IE7 slipstreaming public since it fixes severe slipstreaming problems...

November 7 too. That's the one I tested... :)

You guys are making it sound like I get the updates before they are released... :D

Edit:

Oops... I can see the confusion. I meant to say that not ALL binaries that were updated in the XP version got updated in the 2K3 version in November. :P

Edited by Tomcat76

IE7's iernonce.dll breaks RunOnceEx? I'd doubt that because Windows Update would've complained in that case. All the hotfix INF files are installed through RunOnceEx...

Can the IE6 version be renamed or should its name remain the same?

Yes, people have been complaining about it for a while now.

http://www.google.com/search?q=ie7+iernonce+broken

You can rename the v6 dll, but it won't be used unless you call it manually with RunDLL32, which is what we're doing for some things, but is useless for the startup process. BTW, check out v7's behavior... it's weird. It'll run, remove the values (title, flags) from the RunOnceEx key, but will not process any of the sub keys.

If the format/syntax of the RunOnceEx registry entries have changed, that's fine, but I've been unable to locate any documentation so far.

Hello,

I've successfully Slipstreamed IE7 with the lateste beta (hfslip-61118a.cmd).

But i'm facing a bug:

I can't have thumbnails to work properly, If i generate an iso with exactly the same Hotfixes just without IE7, thembnails are working, and ther I install IE7 and everything works...

Please help, I tried to check reg entries for thumnbails, or file association and even tried to re register some dll used for image preview and or thumbs...