Auto Return with Attachment

efheath

Hi All,

Something quite hard now. I have an ISP that assigns my machine with a dynamic-ip (as do most ISPs) and sometimes I need to connect to my computer at home for Admin, Docs etc...

I have setup a command prompt task that runs:

ipconfig /all > \\server\tech$\log\ipconfig.log

This gets my IP of my internet connection and saves it to the log file on the network share.

I then went to outlook and created a template message that has this file attached to it. I then created a rule that says whenever someone sends a message to Outlook (which is always open) with the subject 'GETIP' to my e-mail it will reply with this template message.

This would help me because wherever I am I can just send an e-mail and Outlook should auto-reply with what My IP is in the attachement so I can connect to my IP and login.

The only problem is that when I send an e-mail with the Subject 'GETIP' at home (from another account) I see the message arrive in my inbox, then in the sent mail folder the mail is there, but has no address to send to?!?!?

So it detects the message subject and tries to send the message but for some reason wont apply the sender address to the new e-mail that it should reply too....

If any help can be given I would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Dan Heath

PS:

Operating System: Windows Server 2003

ISP: Orange (My Broadband is Working Fine ;) )

Outlook Version: 2003 SP1 running with Admin Rights.

The Share does not need password anonymous access enabled.

Edited by efheath