Unable to install sp2

sudeepg123

Hi guyz

i installed xp on my machine few days ago and the installation was smooth.i had no problem during the installation.now when i try to install sp2 or sp2 i get an error:

sp2al1.jpg

Please help.

Edited by sudeepg123

Hi its just a simple trick

Mist of the softwares (thet use iKernel drivers to install) & specially windows updates wont install if u have changed ur bootscreen to something else fron the defalt windows one. Hear is a simple workaround thet does the trick.

1. Go to c:\ & open boot.ini

(if u r not able to see the file go to tools->folder options->view & check show hidden files also uncheck hide protected operating system files (Recomended) it will show u a warning click yes & then press ok)

2. it should show u sonething like this

[boot loader]

timeout=30

default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS

[operating systems]

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn /kernel=<sonething>.exe

now copy the line saying

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn /kernel=<sonething>.exe

& paste it under the copied line , delete /kernel=<sonething>.exe

& change the "Microsoft Windows XP Professional" to "WINXP ORI" .

3. Now save this file ,if it gives an error while saving the file just right click boot.ini file in your c:\ go to properties & uncheck readonly option click ok & then try to save the file .

4. Now reboot your computer & on the boot screen choose WINXP ORI option u should se the original WIndows XP boot screen while booting.

5. After booting try installing your application again it should work fine.

6. After the installition has finished & the system reboot (on the first reboot after installition choose "WINXP ORI" again on the boot screen) Edit your boot.ini file again & delete the stuff u have placed there take care not to delete any of the original lines from the files just delete the lines we had placed Reboot

7 VOLA u r done

this method can b used for any installition that gives kernal warining The warnings basically arise due to the

/kernel = option in boot.ini