Diskeeper 2007

Aegis

Diskeeper Pro Premier provides unparalleled peak performance for power users and high powered workstation computing, delivering the ultimate high performance to those who need it most.

Best of all, Diskeeper 2007's revolutionary InvisiTasking™ technology allows vital system performance enhancements, including defragmentation, to occur in real time, on-the-fly. InvisiTasking undetectably taps into unused system resources, providing truly transparent system maintenance.

In addition, Diskeeper's I-FAAST™ 2.0 (Intelligent File Access Acceleration Sequencing Technology)IFAAST was specifically developed to accelerate the speed of your systems file access time in order to meet the heavy workloads of file-intensive applications. I-FAAST intelligently monitors file usage, and reorganizes those files that are used most for the fastest possible access. Users of applications such as CAD/CAM, database applications, and graphic and video intense applications will experience an astonishing increase in speed and response.

Remarkably, I-FAAST 2.0 can actually boost file access and creation to speeds above and beyond the capabilities of the system when it was new - as much as 80% faster in some cases.

Combined with its many other features (hyperlink to features), Diskeeper 2007 Pro Premier will extend the life and increase the efficiency of your systems while greatly increasing workplace productivity.

With InvisiTasking, except for the exceptional boost in performance, you'll never know it's there because it runs with absolute transparency making your systems faster and more stable than ever.

Source: http://www.diskeeper.com/diskeeper/home/premier.asp

Edited by Aegis

allows vital system performance enhancements, including defragmentation, to occur in real time, on-the-fly.
I don't know about any of you, but I certainly do NOT want it to be defragging when I'm doing something else with the system. It actually wears out the hard drive sooner due to the higher levels of disk activity from both working with the system and the defragger. Not to mention it would be *really* bad to have the power go out amidst several open programs with files, and the defragger thrashing away at the disk in the background :o

Best condition to defrag in: Minimal boot, no programs running (except defragger), leave undisturbed until complete.

OK I love diskeeper Im not Flameing but I noticed my PC kinda slow to respond for about 5 mins after boot up, so I dissabled I-FAAST hope that helps

Im thinking of going back to 10 :}

Edited by ricktendo64

What P*sses me off about the 2007 version, is that every file that is fragmented, it defrags, even temp files such as my firefox cache, which I clear anyway, waste of CPU usage and HDD usage.

Edited by sonu27

Trust me it does.

It comes under defragmentated files. Shows the Firefox cache.

So now I hav turned off automatic defrag.

Basically, it defrags everything that can be defragmentated.

Edited by sonu27

I don't know about any of you, but I certainly do NOT want it to be defragging when I'm doing something else with the system. It actually wears out the hard drive sooner due to the higher levels of disk activity from both working with the system and the defragger. Not to mention it would be *really* bad to have the power go out amidst several open programs with files, and the defragger thrashing away at the disk in the background :o

Best condition to defrag in: Minimal boot, no programs running (except defragger), leave undisturbed until complete.

Reliable quality hard drives are built to last hundreds of thousands of hours under heavy use. People run regular consumer hard drives in small business servers 24/7 under heavy use for years without replacing them. The "wear" you're talking about is frivolous and minimal.

As for loss of data due to disk activity at the moment of a power outage, if it's going to happen, it's going to happen during defragmentation or not. The ONLY way to avoid that is using a reliable UPS.

What P*sses me off about the 2007 version, is that every file that is fragmented, it defrags, even temp files such as my firefox cache, which I clear anyway, waste of CPU usage and HDD usage.

All you have to do is add your firefox cache folder, temporary files folder and any other folder you don't want defragged to the Diskeeper exclusion list. I don't see where the problem is with that?