XP Enhanced Setup Beta Test

If noone asks for other features than it's nearly ready. I am currently trying to find a solution for the following problem:

The programm is supposed to exit itself after a period of time and if nothing happend during that time (no user interaction).

Any solutions are welcome. Any VB source code regard this problem either :)

One possible method

Set a global boolean exitNow = true;

Then Start a thread which will wait for the predefined time.

If exitNow is still true when the predefined time has expired exit the application.

If a user pressed any buton on the screen, set exitNow to false, this will stop the application from exiting.

Hope this helps, I am afraid I am any coding I do now is java so my sample code would be no use.

NJay

If noone asks for other features than it's nearly ready. I am currently trying to find a solution for the following problem:

The programm is supposed to exit itself after a period of time and if nothing happend during that time (no user interaction).

Any solutions are welcome. Any VB source code regard this problem either  :)

I read up there somewhere that it was being programmed in VB. My suggestion is to simply use a timer. If the mouse is moved, or a key is pressed, simply stop the timer.

You could set it within the program. Its easier for the user to assign values if they have a user interface, rather than editing .ini files.

Also, why woudl you want the screen to stay up longer than 10 minutes? I thought you wanted it to close itself after a period of time, so if the user didnt select any extra programs, it would install the defaults ... or am i completly wrong :)

It's like that:

Imagine you try to set up a new system while watching a DVD or something. I think that 10 minutes are a little too less.

But I had so much argumenst against this that I will set the time to a static value (if I am ever gonna solve that problem).

By the way I don't know if anyone noticed but I created a tool for xpantispy features being applied. Would anyone mind if I sum this two tools up to one? Or should I create one general tool for registry tweaks?

For those of you who are interested here is a status report about the current developments:

Version Status: 0.8 (beta)

Featurelist:

- Add your Applications to setup.ini (Name & Installation Commands)

- Add your Drivers to setup.ini (Name & Installation Commands)

- Define Default set of Applications and Drivers

- Possibility to add "Mulit-CD" feature to batches

- Possibility to add XP-Antispy 3.72 like features to batch

- Automated exit of program after 10 mins and create batches via default values

Yet to come:

- Define default set of extra features (Multi-CD, XPAntiSpy)

- Some sort of design would be nice :)

- Beta testing

- Checking if it is "id***-proof"

Now for the important thing: Is there ANYTHING you guys would like to have add. It's kind of urgent, as my holidays end this week and I won't be home for a couple of days afterwards. So I won't be able to keep track of your advisories.

Well I think that would be out of the question, cause the program is especially designed for this purpose.

It is meant as an add-on to your cd (well more like DVD). The basic idea is to have a collection of apps put on your DVD and define your(!) selection of application (default values).

Now image you would like to set up a second computer (school, company, whatsoever). You might not want to install every application you have on your basic system, which is why the timer exists. If time is up your default selection is installed, if you cancel you may select a different set.

So if don't wish to let pop-up the timer at all and therefore install your default set, you won't need the program at all, cause you can create a static batch yourself.